Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 02:41 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,370,836 times

Advertisements

Can I start a new hair thread?

I keep my hair long, trimming is a pain in the butt, so it doesnt happen very often, I'm only 23, but it's not as thick as it used to be. After recovering from Scarlet Fever when I was younger, it had thinned considerably at the temples and never grew back as it used to. I didn't think it was that noticeable, but the hairdresser I went to last mentioned it in passing...

Looking for particular brands that I can get relatively easily, to thicken or stregthen the hair... encourage faster growth. As a general principle I've been buying the "volumn and thick" type of panteene on the shelves, but it never seems to make that big of an impact?
Home remedies (within reason) are welcomed as well! I also shed a lot... it's noticable with it so long..

Who's going to miss a 2 foot strand of red hair straying from the back. hah! no one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 07:50 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,089,952 times
Trim your hair just a pinch at the next new moon, and it will grow faster...or at least that is what the farmers' almanac says.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:58 PM

531 posts, read 1,743,895 times
Sometimes the longer hair gets the thinner it looks (at least that's been my experience). I decided to just keep my hair a little below my shoulders rather than really long so it does look thicker. I like Nexus moisturizing shampoo. It used to be available only in hair salons (a bit too pricey for me,) but now you can find it in drug store,Target,Kmart,etc.

Old 10-26-2007, 06:48 AM

27,340 posts, read 27,393,359 times
My last boyfriend, who had beautiful longer hair, never conditioned it but yet it still always was softer, healthier than mine. His secret was some stuff he used, a type of vitamin oil based stuff (2 drops all it took) he put in it just before brushing it, and it always brought out a healthy shine.

Old 10-26-2007, 08:38 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,862,309 times
I only use chrome polish on my "chrome dome".

Old 10-26-2007, 08:57 AM

27,340 posts, read 27,393,359 times
Why si it that most guys can have more softer, healthier hair than some of us women? Maybe because they dont use the stuff we have to, to give body? Heck, without gel, spray, conditioner, its like dry straw! I was sometimes envious of his hair.
Maybe a body perm is the answer, at this point, for me?

Old 10-26-2007, 09:12 AM

305 posts, read 798,232 times
man i had LONG hair, but it was just raggedy and all split ended at the ends...i finally cut about 2 inches off and now my hear looks fuller and more healthy, BUT im not gonna lie--i miss my old, long hair. i use aussie shampoo and conditioner..its good.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:11 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,370,836 times
Well I was told horse shampoo will make it grow faster.

I know it's about time for another trim.

And I know the longer it is, the thinner it will seem, because the heavier it is, so the less body it has, the less energy to have body because it's so long and heavy... but with all that said, I can put it up at night or braid it so its full of life the next day ~ that's not my issue.. my issue is it's just thinning around the temples. of my scalp.

Anyone tried the horse shampoo?

Old 10-26-2007, 12:36 PM

305 posts, read 798,232 times
dude horse shampoo?? i dont know about that....

Old 10-26-2007, 01:30 PM

800 posts, read 4,297,754 times
I have long hair as well. I get regular trims every 7-8 weeks. I also color my hair every 7-8 weeks. If you notice a ton of thinning, you might want to consider going to a physician because hair thinning or loss is associated with low thryoid (hypothyroidism)...I'm not diagnosing or prescribing here, but just wanted to mention it to you.

I really like to use a hair thickening shampoo and conditioner. I also use a hair thickener spray after I use my detangler. It gives my hair lift and body.

I also am a big believer in B vitamins (ingesting them) to help with hair health (biotin I believe helps). Also, I drink lots of pure water daily as well as ingesting healthy fats through my diet in fish oil capsules, actual fish, avocadoes, uncooked coconut oil, etc. It gives your 'coat' a shine

And, eating well, exercising, getting proper amounts of sleep are all very good for the hair and well, beauty and health

I also advocate scalp massage Hee hee! It feels nice too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care