Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 07:00 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,969,477 times

Advertisements

I like this cut on her - she has a very round face so it balances it out. I thought longer hair on her wasn't as good a look.

She's not trying to look "manly," sheesh.

She has nice highlights, too.

I'm sure she will wear a dress if she feels like wearing a dress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2007, 07:16 AM

781 posts, read 3,817,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
Who cares?

I get so sick of this. Any time a woman is in any position of power, I hear people (mostly men) critiquing her hair, outfits, body, weight, and so on.

It's nonsense, really.

No offense greenie....but if you don't care why respond???

Any woman or man in a position of power should be cognisant of how their appearance reflects their position.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:34 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,349,683 times
Her hair looks fine but if she's going to pull off being a blonde, she needs to lighten her eyebrows also.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:39 AM

394 posts, read 2,004,049 times
I can't even remember what her hair looks like, I don't pay too much attention to her looks or style. I'm more interested in what she has to say.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:08 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,404,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinez4 View Post
No offense greenie....but if you don't care why respond???

Any woman or man in a position of power should be cognisant of how their appearance reflects their position.
Why? Because I think it's sad that women aren't more supportive of each other. I think it degrades women in general to have this sort of conversation about Hilary's hairdoo and body shape. She's a politician, not a fashion icon. Conversations like this take us right back to the days of Jackie Kennedy, talking about how she's gonna decorate the White House. What's next? Are we gonna critique Hillary for how well she can baste a turkey? You put yourselves down when you talk like this.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:32 PM

781 posts, read 3,817,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
Why? Because I think it's sad that women aren't more supportive of each other. I think it degrades women in general to have this sort of conversation about Hilary's hairdoo and body shape. She's a politician, not a fashion icon. Conversations like this take us right back to the days of Jackie Kennedy, talking about how she's gonna decorate the White House. What's next? Are we gonna critique Hillary for how well she can baste a turkey? You put yourselves down when you talk like this.
By speaking about a haircut, I am not putting myself down nor is anyone who states an opinion. How can having an opinion be "putting us down" ?

Secondly, I don't think a conversation about a hair cut is degrading anyone. If I comment on my moms haircut am I degrading her? No, just stating that it is not the most flattering style for her.

As far as woman supporting each other....this is not the 60's...women have a hell of a lot more going for them and can hold their own with or without good hair.

Lastly, anyone who chooses to be in the public eye should put their best forward at all times. Whether it is a celebrity, politician, newscaster, etc. If one promotes oneself then one should be open to comments.

I doubt whether we have any influence on Hilarys hair.....or politics for that matter

Last edited by martinez4; 11-21-2007 at 02:33 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-21-2007, 03:08 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,349,683 times
Quote:Lastly, anyone who chooses to be in the public eye should put their best forward at all times Quote

They should but I see a lot of them don't.
Scraggly, stringy looking hair that a lot of the females have is not attractive.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:17 PM

66 posts, read 320,356 times
Default A nice upgrade

Talk about someone going through a transition.

What she looks like today compared to when she first was in the spotlight in Arkansas!

Old 11-21-2007, 04:33 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,545,693 times
I know part of it has to do with age. Being at age 60 her hair is more thin in nature so harder to manage but I do agree that I think she needs some kind of hair treament and not pull all her bangs back. Far as dress I would love to see her sport dresses like a lady would wear to church verses something to the office.
I like her in of the recent debates that she did something the other canidates could not do and wore pink. I am glad she isnt follow the fashion sense that Prime Minister Thacker wore due to that style says hey Im an older lady.
Senator Elizabeth Dole often wears outfits that are more in lines what a lady would wear to church. I just think it interesting Woman of Power and the fashion that they set to be known in history.

Old 11-25-2007, 12:08 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,869,181 times
i think her haircut says "i dont like having sex and even if i did i'd just lay there anyway"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care