Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 05:01 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,674,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I love your hair and the color is gorgeous. My vote is keep the same length.
yea I would love to be able to have that color, it would make my green eyes stand out more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2006, 05:01 PM

1,942 posts, read 8,492,599 times
Thank you so much for the compliments, but you're not making it easy! Half of you say long and half say short!!
Right now it is just about to my shoulders-but I hate that length. It has to either be longer-over the shoulders, or short like in the picture. So either I am going to hate it for a little bit while I grow it long, or I cut it to the length in the picture.
I have exactly a week to figure it out. See, I'm around kids, especially 6 year olds, all the time, and my son isn't the first one to say they don't like my hair!!

Old 12-13-2006, 05:09 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,674,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshvo View Post
Thank you so much for the compliments, but you're not making it easy! Half of you say long and half say short!!
Right now it is just about to my shoulders-but I hate that length. It has to either be longer-over the shoulders, or short like in the picture. So either I am going to hate it for a little bit while I grow it long, or I cut it to the length in the picture.
I have exactly a week to figure it out. See, I'm around kids, especially 6 year olds, all the time, and my son isn't the first one to say they don't like my hair!!
Try growing it out and see what you think, you may like it!!!!

Kids say the darndest things.

Old 12-14-2006, 05:49 AM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times
I actually have long, curly, red hair... so you can probably guess what my vote is. My mother cut my hair short as a kid, and it became a total 'fro - so I'll always keep it at least shoulder-length!

Last edited by gizmo980; 12-14-2006 at 06:01 AM..

Old 12-14-2006, 05:58 AM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times
I just looked at your picture, and the short hair is really cute! Mine is much thicker & more coarse, which is probably why it turns into an afro... yours would probably also look good long, but I like that short 'do!

Oh, and our coloring (hair, skin & eyes) is VERY similar! I'm not brave enough to post a picture yet, but maybe I'll share it some time... and we should swap makeup tips, since this coloring is tough to work with - LOL.

Old 12-14-2006, 06:01 AM

169 posts, read 678,971 times
I love long curly hair myself. Short and curly is cute but long is just gorgeous. You could always cut it if you decide longer is not for you.

Old 12-14-2006, 07:34 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,623,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshvo View Post
If you cut it, go a little at a time. If you cut it too short, in one fell swoop, you may regret it. It could be a bit of a shock. Personally, I wear my hair somewhat below my shoulders, and I like it that way, because, if all else fails, (i.e. bad hair day), I can sweep it up into a ponytail.

I have to say,though, that while I understand the need to have our faces, figures, and hair, somewhat appreciated by others, I think that perhaps you are putting a little too much stock in your little guy's opinion. After all, honey, it's your hair.

Also, why are you on a timetable? Are the children threatening to tie you up, and shear you, or something?!

Old 12-14-2006, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
If you cut it, go a little at a time. If you cut it too short, in one fell swoop, you may regret it. It could be a bit of a shock. Personally, I wear my hair somewhat below my shoulders, and I like it that way, because, if all else fails, (i.e. bad hair day), I can sweep it up into a ponytail.

I have to say,though, that while I understand the need to have our faces, figures, and hair, somewhat appreciated by others, I think that perhaps you are putting a little too much stock in your little guy's opinion. After all, honey, it's your hair.

Also, why are you on a timetable? Are the children threatening to tie you up, and shear you, or something?!
Well, the timetable is because my parents, who I haven't seen in...almost 2 years, are coming down, and of course I want to look good. I am in the process of losing some weight, and my hair needs a trim. So while I am there, I am either going to cut it like in the picture (it is just barely grazing my shoulders now), or just get a trim to clean it up and let it grow a bit.

I know it's my hair, but I don't know what to do myself and my husband is, well, a guy. He will never say I look fat, or ugly...so I don't know what is the truth coming from him!

Old 12-14-2006, 03:11 PM

23,019 posts, read 34,393,868 times
Did you ask your friends how see you everyday what they think?

Old 12-14-2006, 03:20 PM

1/2 say long, 1/2 say short.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care