Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2022, 02:44 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonite View Post
My husband came home today with a horrible haircut. The hairstylist cut the back and sides very short, almost shaved, and left the top several inches long. It's terrible and looks like the hairstyle of Nazi Heinrich Himmler. My husband asked her to slightly trim his hair all over -- not to scalp the back and sides!

I'd appreciate any advice or opinions on how best my husband can grow out this atrocious cut. We have a trip planned in a little over two months and he doesn't want to look like a Nazi in our holiday photos.
That's a relatively new style popular with college students and 20-somethings in some parts of the US. It looks fine on young guys with relatively thicker hair. It's not for older people. I don't know how old your husband is, but your description made me think he was middle-aged. You'd think stylists would know, that whatever the fad is among the young guys is not something that will work for older men, who have to look businesslike at work and such. That is just strange. I wonder if it was a stylist recently out of barber school. Does your husband have a tried-and-true stylist he sees regularly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2022, 04:40 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,200,354 times
Modified buzzcut to even things out perhaps? All the guys in my family do this once in awhile when they don't want be bothered. Everyone likes it on them.

Old 07-09-2022, 04:57 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,257,774 times
An acquaintance has the same look as a young Hitler which really shocked me, as last time I saw him he had a long haired thing going on which really looked great.
(He is also now rocking a thick but short mustache).
UGH !!

Old 07-09-2022, 09:42 PM

1,719 posts, read 730,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's a relatively new style popular with college students and 20-somethings in some parts of the US. It looks fine on young guys with relatively thicker hair. It's not for older people. I don't know how old your husband is, but your description made me think he was middle-aged. You'd think stylists would know, that whatever the fad is among the young guys is not something that will work for older men, who have to look businesslike at work and such. That is just strange. I wonder if it was a stylist recently out of barber school. Does your husband have a tried-and-true stylist he sees regularly?
My husband is in his late sixties and is retired. Though his hair is plentiful at the back and sides, it's thinning on top. You're correct, Ruth, it doesn't work at all on my husband. Plus, we're old enough to have strong recall about WWII's atrocious war criminals and don't want to be reminded of Himmler at all. My husband doesn't have a regular stylist, but I'm going to find him a good one now! He said an "older woman" did his cut.

Old 07-10-2022, 01:51 AM

14,768 posts, read 8,099,433 times
Sorry to hear that. It's awful when they give you a bad haircut.
On the sunny side though...it will grow out.

Old 07-10-2022, 02:09 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,134,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Modified buzzcut to even things out perhaps? All the guys in my family do this once in awhile when they don't want be bothered. Everyone likes it on them.
I agree with this, or go bald if that's a look that works for him. It worked for Telly Savalis!

Old 07-10-2022, 07:29 AM

9,439 posts, read 5,204,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonite View Post
My husband came home today with a horrible haircut. The hairstylist cut the back and sides very short, almost shaved, and left the top several inches long. It's terrible and looks like the hairstyle of Nazi Heinrich Himmler. My husband asked her to slightly trim his hair all over -- not to scalp the back and sides!

I'd appreciate any advice or opinions on how best my husband can grow out this atrocious cut. We have a trip planned in a little over two months and he doesn't want to look like a Nazi in our holiday photos.
Well, the quickest thing would probably be to shave it all off and start back from there. Otherwise, he's going to have to continue trimming to get everything back to a more customary style.

I would complain to the management of the place he got it cut. Perhaps they will offer to trim as he goes trying to grow out a cut he is very unhappy with if he wants to go that route.

Old 07-10-2022, 07:30 AM

9,439 posts, read 5,204,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
I agree with this, or go bald if that's a look that works for him. It worked for Telly Savalis!
who loves ya baby? Telly was a sexy beast.

Old 07-10-2022, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Well, the quickest thing would probably be to shave it all off and start back from there. Otherwise, he's going to have to continue trimming to get everything back to a more customary style.

I would complain to the management of the place he got it cut. Perhaps they will offer to trim as he goes trying to grow out a cut he is very unhappy with if he wants to go that route.
I suggested shaving it all off, but my husband won't go for it. He also doesn't want to complain to management because he feels the stylists "already have hard lives and don't get paid enough."

Old 07-10-2022, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
who loves ya baby? Telly was a sexy beast.
Yul Brynner looked great without hair. I saw him in a couple movies with hair and didn't like that look nearly as much. Yul had the head shape, features, masculinity, and personality to carry off a shaved head so well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care