Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2024, 08:24 AM

2 posts, read 619 times

Advertisements

Basically I'm hoping for a for dummys personalized tutorial on how to fix my hair. Ultimately I'm trying to go silver with a root smudge but my hair was a light blonde with medium to dark blonde grow out of like five inches..what can I say it's been a long while. I bought a bleach box dye the lightest I could find and covered my roots first then saturated the rest of my very every long hair. Ugh. I could see that it wasn't processing even some places were that banana insides yellow but many places were orange/red much more ginger than strawberry blonde mind you. I used a toner but it didn't help much because it wasn't yellow or brass I was trying to get out so I actually took some green blue food dye and added it to some conditioner and that helped calm it down a lot but it's still too orange/red. I wanna know exactly how to go from here to platinum blonde so that I can go silver next. I'll take suggestions on which products to use as well. I really need some help..please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2024, 10:06 AM

19,769 posts, read 20,349,221 times
You gotta do another round of bleach. There is nothing you can do to salvage orange hair, no amount of food coloring will save you, lol. You gotta bleach the roots again.

Pesonally would not recommend bleach out of a box dye - go online, or to Sally's, get a powder bleach like L'Oreal Quick Blue, and a 30 vol developer.

Once your hair is light yellow you can add silver dye on top of that, then do the smudge.

Old 04-16-2024, 01:34 PM

2 posts, read 619 times
I appreciate you so much right now. I'm sick of wearing beanies lol thank you. You're kinda my hero ATM

Old 04-17-2024, 04:50 PM

50,438 posts, read 64,253,963 times
Tyaraven, why don’t you spend the money for a professional? You can’t see your whole head, so you need a pro who can.

Old 04-17-2024, 07:37 PM

24,156 posts, read 32,612,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
You gotta do another round of bleach. There is nothing you can do to salvage orange hair, no amount of food coloring will save you, lol. You gotta bleach the roots again.

Pesonally would not recommend bleach out of a box dye - go online, or to Sally's, get a powder bleach like L'Oreal Quick Blue, and a 30 vol developer.

Once your hair is light yellow you can add silver dye on top of that, then do the smudge.
DO NOT touch your hair. You need color correction from a professional. Your hair could break. How dark is your hair naturally?

GET PROFESSIONAL HELP!

Old 04-18-2024, 07:01 AM

24,775 posts, read 11,121,142 times
I would start with a drastic hair cut, lots of vitamins and good food and three months of patience.

Old Today, 02:57 AM

1 posts
Choose a high-quality dye, gather tools (gloves, brush, clips), and protect your clothes and skin.

Old Today, 03:34 AM

18,430 posts, read 19,080,831 times
A professional is called for when you have that much color correction needed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care