Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 04:53 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,624,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Not only can we spot a toupee a mile away, we can also spot someone who obviously wasn't paying attention in school by their bad spelling, poor grammar and horrible punctuation. Maybe you should get a clue before you slap on your six pounds of makeup and phony eyebrows!
meeeeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooooooow, claws open let's rumble. You are right there are so many bad toupees' running around, half of them look like they have a fresh skinned raccoon glued to their heads. That also goes for the wrap around and the comb over hairstyles. How about this. When the follicles (the tubular epithelial sheath that surrounds the lower part of the hair shaft and encloses at the bottom a vascular papilla supplying the growing basal part of the hair with nourishment) start falling out it's time to break out the razor or at least trim whats left back. One also has the option to sport a chapeau!

Old 11-15-2006, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuteva View Post
Oh please!

I love people who say they can spot a toupee a miel away, that is total bs. That is what you call the 'toupee falacy'.

They can spot a bad toupee a mile away, a modern hair piece done by a modern professional is 99% impossible to spot up close let alone a mile away.

The only reaosn peopel tihnk they can spot them is in celebrities, who they KNOW are bald, so it looks oput of place, or very old people who try to have hair pieces with to much hair. it looks unnatural.

However, I bet they walk passed 100's of 20 to 40 year old men AND WOMEN with hair pieces and never know it.

Its just sad also that women think its disgusting or that men who do it do not have a good self image. Women who say this are shallow hypocrits!

lets see them wlak out the door without their six pounds of foudnation, eye shadow, mascara, or without drawing on their eye brows!

give me a break and shut up people. get a clue before you open your mouths.

and to prove my point, donald trump DOES NOT HAVE A TOUPEE. Now you really look like you know everything, dont you?
If Donald Trump isn't wearing a toupee, he should (he can't look any worse). How can a man with his money have hair that looks so unkept, he has the comb over, wrap around and a can of hairspray all going on at the same time. Maybe he should get an official Royal Order of Raccoons hat to wear. He looks as bad with that hair as a 300 pound women does wearing spandex! Do these people actually look in the mirror before they leave their homes and say "YEAH I'M LOOKIN GOOD". If I had his money I'd pay someone to smack me if I tried to leave home looking like that. Hell, I'd smack him for free!

Old 11-15-2006, 07:39 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,029,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuteva View Post
Sure you can. You can also use Ad Hominem and elephant hurling to back up your obvious false claims.

Despite my bad typing, the facts speak for themselves and no matter how much you wish to spit out your bravado, you are wrong.

Also, hether or not a woman likes a bald man or a man with hair, fake or otherwise, is subjective, so you cannot sit there and speak for everyone, nor can people spewing out a list of bald actors prove any objective point at all. So you like bald men, good for you here is a cookie.

This doesn't change the fact that modern toupees are undetectable and it has been scientifically proven, and it was coined the " toupee falacy". Just because you spot bad toupees, says nothing of those toupees you never see.

So keep sounding like a hypocrit.

I just LOVE angry broads ... don't you guys?

Old 11-15-2006, 07:43 PM

I love ya Wuteva, but I wonder, do you make toupee's for a living or something?

Maybe you own a toupee shop?

Perhaps (God forbid) you wear a toupee???

Old 11-15-2006, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I love ya Wuteva, but I wonder, do you make toupee's for a living or something?

Maybe you own a toupee shop?

Perhaps (God forbid) you wear a toupee???
I just googled "toupee fallacy". There is nothing about it except for a brief notation on the skeptics guide web site. I would like to know where the scientific proof is that she's talking about?

Old 11-15-2006, 09:31 PM

622 posts, read 2,709,033 times
You guys have to see my favorite, favorite Kids In The Hall skit of all time- it's about wigs. Nothing obscene, just HILARIOUS!!!!! But I have a very strange sense of humor...

I will attempt to paste a link here (take the spaces out):
w w w . youtube . com/watch?v=L12yIbgWgUo

Or, just go to youtube and search "kids in the hall wig."

Old 11-15-2006, 09:35 PM

What I'm wondering about is how she figures I'm a hypocrit. Hypocrit about what???

Who knew a few comments about a toupee - of all things - would arouse such angst and anger in this poor lady! She's pretty adamant about me being "wrong" and trying to "speak for everyone" on the topic of toupees. I think she's a hoot! In fact, she'd make a pretty good addition to my stand-up routine!

Old 11-15-2006, 09:37 PM

622 posts, read 2,709,033 times
She could just be a flamer... when people get like this, I just ignore them because usually they are just looking to start an argument.

Old 11-15-2006, 09:42 PM

Yap! She's a flaming toupee lover!!!

Old 11-16-2006, 05:23 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,620,996 times
Well, I got my laugh this morning. My goodness, who knew this seemingly benign topic could bring out such anger in some folks? Bless her heart, I believe Wuteva needs to lighten up on the coffee and energy drinks.

"A freshly skinned racoon"!? That's quite a picture, Exhdo1!

Donald Trump. Now, there's a man who really needs to get to the barber, and at least shape up that mop a bit. He looks like a groupie for the Beatles, or one of those other 60's groups with the floppy hair!

There are many gentlemen who look great without hair. I'd rather see no hair than those awful comb-overs! Good heavens, they look silly. As far as toupees, unless one can afford a really nice one, (and, they do exist), please don't buy one. If you must put something on your head, wear a hat! There's something out there for everyone's taste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care