Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2024, 02:05 PM

2 posts, read 608 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I recently visited both Ford's Colony and Kingsmill and really liked them both. I'm an active widow searching for a place to meet new people with a lot of activities. Both communities were beautiful, and I love that Kingsmill is on the water and has water activities, but I feel that Ford's Colony may be an easier community to meet people. Anyone living in either of these communities be willing to share their thoughts/advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2024, 08:54 AM

7,348 posts, read 4,134,790 times
I know people in both communities. Kingsmill's homes is older and more modern architecture. Ford's colony is more traditional architecture. Both communities are about equal. Kingsmill is a little further out from shopping than Ford's Colony. Retirees also love Colonial Heritage. You really can't go wrong with either option.

Old 03-08-2024, 06:00 AM

2 posts, read 608 times
Thank you for the reply and the information. Did your friends find it easy to meet people in both communities?

Old 03-08-2024, 07:27 AM

7,348 posts, read 4,134,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigoday View Post
Thank you for the reply and the information. Did your friends find it easy to meet people in both communities?
Yes. However, most people volunteer with charities. There are animal rescue groups, meals on wheels, school volunteers & tutoring, gardening clubs, soup kitchens & pantries, historic organizations, church groups, etc.

Old Today, 05:12 PM

1,195 posts, read 3,977,837 times
In my opinion, you’ll find a lot more social connections in the Fords Colony neighborhood compared to Kingsmill. There’s over 60 different active Clubs that you can participate in. There’s one just for folks who moved to the neighborhood in the last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area