Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2020, 10:23 AM

2,095 posts, read 1,559,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
We secured a rental for about four months while we look to buy. Should give us enough time to get a feel for exactly where we want to be and see how the market adjusts.
Sounds good. Its turning into a buyer/renter market, I would be selective and not afraid to bid lower on properties or wait for opportunities. I'm considering buying another rental property. was evaluating it last year and earlier this year, but pricing was simply ridiculous. Buyers were bidding over sellers asking routinely, and the asking was already high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2020, 10:58 AM

2,378 posts, read 1,315,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rya96797 View Post
Sounds good. Its turning into a buyer/renter market, I would be selective and not afraid to bid lower on properties or wait for opportunities. I'm considering buying another rental property. was evaluating it last year and earlier this year, but pricing was simply ridiculous. Buyers were bidding over sellers asking routinely, and the asking was already high.
Yup, Want to take my time, but also want to strike while interest rates are low.

Old 04-25-2020, 11:02 AM

2,095 posts, read 1,559,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
Yup, Want to take my time, but also want to strike while interest rates are low.
Interest rates can always be refinanced downwards in the future when the opportunity presents itself. Once you're at 3% or lower levels, not much room to go lower. I'd rather pay 10% interest with a much much lower house price than a low interest rate and a propped up housing price.

Old 04-25-2020, 04:11 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,315,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rya96797 View Post
Interest rates can always be refinanced downwards in the future when the opportunity presents itself. Once you're at 3% or lower levels, not much room to go lower. I'd rather pay 10% interest with a much much lower house price than a low interest rate and a propped up housing price.
True. Well, the first obstacle will be actually getting there. Flights could still be getting canceled.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:58 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,914,289 times
I am cautiously optimistic about this....

Vaccine may be ready in the September timeframe -some vaccine makers are already ramping up

https://www.businessinsider.com/monk...uraging-2020-4

Six rhesus macaques received a vaccine produced by the Jenner Institute and the Oxford Vaccine Group. They were then exposed to heavy levels of the coronavirus that were known to have previously sickened other monkeys. These monkeys suffered no ill effects, however, and remained healthy at least 28 days later, The Times said.

Old 04-29-2020, 01:28 PM

10,561 posts, read 7,763,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
I am cautiously optimistic about this....

Vaccine may be ready in the September timeframe -some vaccine makers are already ramping up

https://www.businessinsider.com/monk...uraging-2020-4

Six rhesus macaques received a vaccine produced by the Jenner Institute and the Oxford Vaccine Group. They were then exposed to heavy levels of the coronavirus that were known to have previously sickened other monkeys. These monkeys suffered no ill effects, however, and remained healthy at least 28 days later, The Times said.

That would be great. Unfortunately there is no US partner with this effort, so no sure how soon it would be available in this country.

Old 04-29-2020, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
That would be great. Unfortunately there is no US partner with this effort, so no sure how soon it would be available in this country.
Most vaccines aren't produced in the US - I don't read to much into that. It also may not work - or may.

Old 05-07-2020, 10:20 AM

14 posts, read 18,399 times
Aloha-

I pop in every now and then and see how things are going. We're now 9 years out from retirement and have been out there (Oahu, Maui, and Big Island) on several extended trips during the past 10 years.

We're wondering how this virus has impacted the supply chain - misc. as well as groceries. Anyone here seen any shortages outside of the mainland's shortages of cleaning products? Recently my neighbors said there are some empty shelves throughout every department in WalMart. Costco has been doing a great job - although they've run out of toilet paper a few times. Clorox Wipes, Lysol, antibacterial anything, and bleach are very hard to find and sell out as soon as they're in stock.

We're just now having limitations on how many packages of meat we can buy.

What's been your experience?

Also, do you have Instacart shoppers available? They've been fantastic here. We live an hour north of Seattle.

Mahalo! And be well!
Kris

Old 05-07-2020, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueskies3 View Post

We're wondering how this virus has impacted the supply chain - misc. as well as groceries. Anyone here seen any shortages outside of the mainland's shortages of cleaning products?
When I went to Safeway yesterday - I said to myself, what meat shortage? Besides the same shortages the mainland has - I see no other shortage on Oahu.

The supply chain has not changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: