Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 08:56 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,443,993 times

Advertisements

here something i like to add to the post ..

1-- if you act stupid then going to get something said to you about the way you are treating people..

2-there is allways some people no matter what there race is they are just plain out race haters no matter how well you treat them ..

3-i treat people like i wanted to be treat ..if you treat with kindness ..i treat back the same way ..
if you act stupid then i will treat you the way you are treating me ..

Old 09-20-2010, 02:29 PM

40 posts, read 126,568 times
Default hating whites

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick828 View Post
Is there any way we could get the moderator to consolidate all these racism/haole/i'm black will people hate me threads? I understand it is a real topic and can/should be discussed, but it just seems like 1/4 threads in the Hawaii section involve something racial. These threads usually also bring hatred and ignorance in some form. As far as my own $.02, yes Hawaii has racist people, most aren't, but racists do exist here like most everywhere in the world.
I would say this topic should be printed and handed to any mainland people who plan on moving to Hawaii.

Haole hatred is part of the Aloha culture.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:48 PM

369 posts, read 777,167 times
^ This is sad, but i agree with you. A lot of white people move here expecting paradise and for a lot of them, this is there first time being exposed to not being the majority. The racism they encounter is usually very mild, but it completely throws them off.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:58 PM

Default race

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick828 View Post
^ This is sad, but i agree with you. A lot of white people move here expecting paradise and for a lot of them, this is there first time being exposed to not being the majority. The racism they encounter is usually very mild, but it completely throws them off.
But it can be very violent too.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:24 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,125,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twood226 View Post
What an absolutely ignorant statement! There are individuals that are prejudiced but to state that an entire culture is full of hatred towards a particular Race is just as bad as the 'hatred' that you are railing against.

Old 09-26-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniej65 View Post
What an absolutely ignorant statement! There are individuals that are prejudiced but to state that an entire culture is full of hatred towards a particular Race is just as bad as the 'hatred' that you are railing against.
You are diverting from my statement.

I said Racism is "part" of the Aloha culture.

Part isnt FULL.

Old 09-26-2010, 02:01 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,445,907 times
I talked to a teacher the other day who was saying that at Baldwin HS, white kids get beaten up in the restrooms for being white.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:31 PM

3,752 posts, read 11,514,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
I talked to a teacher the other day who was saying that at Baldwin HS, white kids get beaten up in the restrooms for being white.
If true, where are the lawsuits that back this up, cause you know they would be filed.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:18 AM

4,131 posts, read 7,445,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdand3boys View Post
If true, where are the lawsuits that back this up, cause you know they would be filed.
Right, because kids sue when they get beaten up in school? I guess no one ever got beat up in the inner city Houston middle school I went to because there weren't lawsuits?

Old 09-27-2010, 09:14 AM

51 posts, read 196,412 times
Quote:
They sure do like racism in the Alha state!
(quoted from another thread)

This is such a ridiculous statement.

I'm quite sure they don't like it there any more than they do anywhere else. I mean really... get a grip.

Quote:
I think it is wrong to say it's part of their "culture"... Are there Hawaiians who are racist? yes. But that does not mean it's a part of their culture. Saying stuff like this serves no purpose other than to divide people.

Are there people of other races who are racist? Absolutely. But again, it is not because it is a part of their culture. It's just stupid old views on outsiders being passed down in some families...

From reading through all of your posts on these forums, it really seems like you can't stand life in Hawaii... Why don't you move? Start a new life somewhere else then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii