Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2023, 11:44 AM

927 posts, read 758,082 times

Advertisements

I've had fruit thrown at me in Waikiki and I'm a nondescript white, just happened to be there. Blacks have even more aggression taken out on them. They get the message loud and clear. When I left my job, I engineered it so 3 blacks were in a somewhat power position. I figured they'd be so grateful they wouldn't screw it up and would work with each other. Whites don't work with each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2023, 08:54 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,824,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norman_w View Post
I've had fruit thrown at me in Waikiki and I'm a nondescript white, just happened to be there. Blacks have even more aggression taken out on them. They get the message loud and clear. When I left my job, I engineered it so 3 blacks were in a somewhat power position. I figured they'd be so grateful they wouldn't screw it up and would work with each other. Whites don't work with each other.
Yet white people created Western Civilization, for which the entire world benefits today.

Remind me who it is that kills their fellow tribe members, endlessly, worldwide.

Is it white men? Maybe not.

Old 06-02-2023, 09:08 PM

21,727 posts, read 16,331,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Yet white people created Western Civilization, for which the entire world benefits today.
Boy oh boy is that arguable … define *benefits* …. Or nevermind I guess.

Old 06-02-2023, 09:44 PM

30,614 posts, read 18,198,614 times
Quote:

Remind me who it is that kills their fellow tribe members, endlessly, worldwide.

Is it white men? Maybe not.
The history of the world is rife with examples of cultures killing each other and others. Every race.

Old 06-02-2023, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Boy oh boy is that arguable … define *benefits* …. Or nevermind I guess.
Much of the world's population is either actively migrating or trying to migrate. Where are they headed? Africa? Central America? Middle East?

Obviously not. They are all trying to get to Europe or America.

Why does this happen since white people are constantly vilified as the enemy of everyone else?

Maybe we aren't as bad as they claim?

Old 06-02-2023, 10:07 PM

30,614 posts, read 18,198,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norman_w View Post
What's the basis for this statement? I've not encountered racism during my years in Hawaii. Other blacks I speak to here talk of how at peace they are here.

Old 06-02-2023, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Much of the world's population is either actively migrating or trying to migrate. Where are they headed? Africa? Central America? Middle East?

Obviously not. They are all trying to get to Europe or America.

Why does this happen since white people are constantly vilified as the enemy of everyone else?

Maybe we aren't as bad as they claim?
Unhealthy diabetics crave sweets … always trying to get more.

Is that a good thing?

Just because people want something doesn’t mean it’s good.

If you think our evolved western cultural lifestyles, which now have become the world’s benchmarks for *civilization*, are a great model for living I propose you aren’t using your intellect anywhere near your ability.

Old 06-03-2023, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Unhealthy diabetics crave sweets … always trying to get more.

Is that a good thing?

Just because people want something doesn’t mean it’s good.

If you think our evolved western cultural lifestyles, which now have become the world’s benchmarks for *civilization*, are a great model for living I propose you aren’t using your intellect anywhere near your ability.
By all means, please share your vision of an alternative "cultural lifestyle" that would provide more success than Western Civ. to more people.

Also, where is your favored model being practiced today?

Old 06-03-2023, 09:52 AM

Quote:
By all means, please share your vision of an alternative "cultural lifestyle" that would provide more success than Western Civ. to more people.

Also, where is your favored model being practiced today?
Why would lifestyles as practiced today prove superiority? And you’d need to provide your definition of “success”.

We’re going off topic, of course, but very briefly, my point can be at least partially summarized by noting that wars with weapons of mass destruction, relentless massive global pollution and toxins, gross disparities of security and wealth, obscene consumption of critical resources, psychological pressures to ‘achieve’ and conform and compete - to mention some particularly distinct aspects of modern civilization’s character - are pretty much all synonymous with *dysfunction*, not *success*.

And none of the above existed in primitive societies … and the anthropological bases and lessons for recapturing primitive simplicities without returning to the caves are quite available.

Greed and avarice, to say nothing of species narcissism, however, will continue to propel the self-defeating trajectory we are on.

Old 09-13-2023, 07:59 PM

974 posts, read 517,163 times
Hawaii is a place that can have a lot of discrimination and racism, and Blacks will certainly feel it. Much depends on which island you are on. I married a Black gal from O'ahu (well, originally from the South Side of Chicago), and she didn't experience it too much over there, but did on the Big Island. The funny thing is that much of this doesn't originate w/ Hawaiians, it's often from the Portuguese locals (or Portigee as they were called). Of course, there aren't really that many native Native Hawaiians on the islands anyway. I believe it's the only state in the U.S. that has more citizens that live outside the state than in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii