Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2012, 12:57 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times

Advertisements

I recently had two prescriptions refilled and when I got home and looked at my receipt, six separate prescriptions had been rung up. Two were the prescriptions I had gotten, wit hthe copay amount shown and four were for other prescription numbers with $0 shown as the copay amount.

I think my plan does have certain drugs that are available without a copay, so am wondering if the pharmacist could be bilking the insurance company and reselling the drugs. Also, the name of the cashier on the receipt is not the person that rang up my order. It was in the evening and only one of the pharmacists was there, so he rung me up.

Should I go to the pharmacy when the guy isn't there and ask what the prescriptions were for? The RX number is on each entry. Or should I bring it to the attention of the insurance company? Or could there be a logical explanation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 02:05 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Go in and ask the pharmacist what is going on.

I would not try to do it over the phone. You need to show the receipt. Make a copy to give to the store; keep the original.

Have you checked with your insurance company to see if the pharmacy was paid for anything except what you actually received?

Old 10-14-2012, 06:35 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
I just checked online and nothing shows up on my insurance site except the two that I paid for. I will make a copy and take it in to the pharmacy when a different person is working.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:41 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,314,203 times
Did you get more than one month's worth of medications? Does your plan provide for buying 3 months with one co-pay? If not, yes, call the pharmacy manager and find out what that all means. It's very possible that someone is doing something wrong here....but there may be a good explanation as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance