Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 09:43 PM

1 posts, read 6,266 times

Advertisements

I sprained my ankle over 8 weeks ago. I still can't put any weight on the ankle. There's is some swelling in the back of the foot --just above the heel. Has anyone else had this problem? How long can this take?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 01:56 PM

1 posts, read 5,518 times
I am suffering from the same problem.
Can you please tell if how it got better?

Old 07-13-2015, 04:23 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,929,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohangaglani View Post
I am suffering from the same problem.
Can you please tell if how it got better?
I sent you a DM.

Old 03-13-2016, 10:25 PM

1 posts, read 4,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
I made an appt with an ortho dr for later this week. The swelling isnt soft, it feels like bone. Its only somewhat tender and the pain is mostly gone. But Ive got this golf ball sized swelling that is hard as bone still. So..being seen for a possible dislocation. Ugh I really hope it's not that!
Hi, I sprained my right ankle about 6 weeks ago. I had only x-ray not MRI, it showed no fractured or broken bones. The ER doctor even stated that I can go back to normal activities about one week. Obviously, this didn't happen. Six weeks later, most of swollen went down, trust me I did everything I could to help heal my ankle (exercises daily, I also went to a Chinese acupuncturist). Right now I have the exact same condition as you were before, the "left over" swollen still lingers, and it is very hard feels like bone (feel like my injured area is getting thicker). Did your "left over" swollen ever go away? If so, how long is it take your ankle to heal completely?

Old 12-14-2016, 07:28 AM

638 posts, read 978,219 times
it took you 7months for the swelling to go down?!!?!!!?!!?!?!?!!? You must be a slow healer or limbs don't heal as fast as I thought.

Old 06-15-2017, 12:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,287 times
i fell on my arm 2 days ago next day a lot of pain gone but it is still swollen and now my hand is swelling too and pain is in my wrist now instead of forarm at first

Old 06-15-2017, 05:44 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Hard to say, hope you are icing. Maybe some of the doctor types will help you here.

Old 06-16-2017, 05:54 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,249,582 times
Default High Ankle Sprain

This actually occurs above the ankle in the ligament that connects the bottoms of the tibia and fibula.

Talk about long-lasting symptoms.

Old 01-19-2019, 06:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,123 times
I have recently sprained my ankle and I'm googling my symptoms low and behold I wound up here.

I had a very bad fall four and a half weeks ago and my x-rays ruled out no sign of a fracture but very bad sprain torn ligaments that sort of thing ...
I was told I could go back to work three days ago .
I work as a hairdresser , it's been three days after four weeks off resting , my ankle is in bits I've done everything I've could I forked out 200euro for a pair of orthopaedic shoes I bought a bandage strap to help support me through out the day and I have been icing it to keep down swelling ,

My ankle is massive and I just want to know is it because I've gone back to work too early I can't afford to take anymore time off .

Old 01-20-2019, 01:13 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,976,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katieh97 View Post
I have recently sprained my ankle and I'm googling my symptoms low and behold I wound up here.

I had a very bad fall four and a half weeks ago and my x-rays ruled out no sign of a fracture but very bad sprain torn ligaments that sort of thing ...
I was told I could go back to work three days ago .
I work as a hairdresser , it's been three days after four weeks off resting , my ankle is in bits I've done everything I've could I forked out 200euro for a pair of orthopaedic shoes I bought a bandage strap to help support me through out the day and I have been icing it to keep down swelling ,

My ankle is massive and I just want to know is it because I've gone back to work too early I can't afford to take anymore time off .

Are you still elevating it? Make sure it's elevated above the heart. But with you standing all day, that will aggravate the swelling. Not sure what the bandage strap is...hopefully it's a compression bandage like an Ace wrap?

RICE is all you can do, rest, ice, compression, elevation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness