Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 09:58 AM

23,865 posts, read 33,545,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
Roselvr, I'm sorry to hear all of this. I hope your biopsy goes well and the tests come back good. Here I was all consumed about myself and I had no idea you were going through this.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers,

Roma
Roma, right now you are going through a very tough time.
Right now I don't know what my diagnosis will be, I'm trying to stay positive.
Thankfully there is a lot going on so I don't have much time to think about the pain in my abdomen until I stop & sit down.

((HUGS))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 07:29 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times
I hope all goes well for you.

I had ovarian cysts when I was 19. The pain almost overnight became so bad I was doubled over. I had the kind that all I had to do was to start taking birth control pills. I stayed on them for like 12 years.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:41 AM

Thanks Lindsey. We moved the other day, finally found my business card holder, phones & net are working. Hopefully I can call the gyn today to reschedule the tests.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:39 AM

I ended up having the biopsies yesterday and got to speak to the doctor that did them. It's going to be 2 weeks before the results are back, he's going on vacation next week. I may luck out and have results this Friday but probably not.

When I saw the other doctor, he didn't really explain anything, so I did some googling about abnormal paps and brought something with me that I printed out. He said it was like one marked ACG (will paste what ACG is below) but it was atypical endocervical cells and he mentioned atypical endometrial glandular cells. I wasn't prepared for that, so I have to do some googling.

AGC stands for atypical glandular cells. Glandular cells are cells that produce mucus and are located in your cervix or uterus. These results mean that some of your glandular cells are not normal, but your doctor does not know why. These changes are usually more serious. People who have AGC can have a higher risk for cervical cancer. Your doctor will probably want to perform a colposcopy to examine any irregular tissue.

The proceedure I had was the colposcopy. He said he didn't see anything on the lower part of the cervix, not sure if he took a sample, think he did. When he took the sample from the uterus I thought I was going to pass out.

He then said cramping would go away in 20 minutes but it started in 20 minutes and lasted all night. Today is better thankfully.

So now I wait. The wait is going to be hell, especially after reading about the ACG. I wouldn't be as nervous if my pelvis wasn't in so much pain, plus the other stuff that's been going on with cysts and the heavy bleeding / clotting. I know something isn't right especially since I'm always on the light side, was never a heavy bleeder until recently. Add to this bad hot flashes and feeling weak, feeling like I'm going to throw up.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:36 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,719,487 times
What you are describing is exactly what I went through. I've had the culposcopy twice, and biopsies hurt me everytime, to the point that it takes me a few days to feel "normal" again. Don't worry, your body will heal. The tissue they take is microscopic, I think it's just a very sensitive area for us. For several years in a row, I received abnormal pap results. It's very common, a lot of my friends had this happen to. What's really important is not ignoring these things, always follow up with your doc. Don't miss your annual paps. And if they say do it every 3 mos. (like I did), then do it. It'll work out, just try to be patient. Sorry you went through the pain!

Old 06-11-2008, 11:52 AM

From what I googled yesterday on the atypical endo cells, it said it usually points to HPV or something else, I guess I'll find out in 2 weeks.

I take heavy meds for my back, I shouldn't have felt much yesterday and don't doubt that if I didn't have those back meds my stomach would be killing me. I usually don't cry with proceedures but I did yesterday.

I appreciate you giving me input. Nice to have someone else that's been through it.
If I have any questions, is it ok to DM you?

Old 06-11-2008, 12:43 PM

201 posts, read 656,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suff4ingirl View Post
Yes. Horrible isn't it. When you tell people they can't relate, but it sounds like you bloggers at this site can. I thought I had ruptured my appendix. The doctor said you would have had gradual pain building but with a ruptured cyst it's instant(isn't that great getting it all overwith in one big bang. I continue to have pain and I am going for another ultrasound today. Last untrasound they said I had another cyst..Yipee! Last ER visit I had internal bleeding, I sported what looked like a 4 month pregnancy belly. The doctors are telling me I should go on birth control pills. There is so much controversy about what will help and what won't help. Can anyone help me with this?
I'd appreciate it!
I feel your pain! And of course wish you the best! When I was sixteen I ended up in the ER FIVE TIMES in six months (my dad joked that they knew us by name) because of horrible pain in my lower right abdomen- it was so bad, that I couldn 't breathe! The FIFTH time, the doctor came in and said- oh, well you're all fine, except that did you know you have a cyst on your right ovary? It looks like you've had several pop- the area is all scarred. It took five different doctors to figure out what was wrong! I went to my ob/gyn and he said, "well congratulations, you have polycystic ovaries" Well...he also found later that part of the pain (extreme cramping, horrible lower back pain, heavy menstruation) was because I also had endometriosis! SO... he recommended the pill...and I took it for two years...but stopped because it made me ... well let's just say the pill turned me into a not very nice person. When I went and saw my doctor again this year (who knew I had stopped taking the pill a few years ago), I asked about birth control again because the cramps and cysts were back in full force (fabulous being a woman sometimes). He recommended nuvaring- it's a once monthly birthcontrol and it releases hormones directly into the uterus and those hormones do not circulate through the rest of the body... The cysts have stopped almost completely! The cramps (when I have them- which is rare now) are much more mild and tolerable. The idea was to slow down the endometriosis and the scarring on the ovaries and in the fallopian tubes- he said if I didn't do something (and of course he wanted and still wants to do a laproscopy- but I'm not ready for the sheer pain that that will cause) I would be sterile by the time I reached 27! So...I'm glad I found a solution that works for me- One day, I might want children!

I hope all goes well for you!

Old 06-11-2008, 12:45 PM

oh...and don't google stuff- it'll make you jump to conclusions and you'll end up scaring yourself senseless!

Old 06-14-2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenplover View Post
I went to my ob/gyn and he said, "well congratulations, you have polycystic ovaries" Well...he also found later that part of the pain (extreme cramping, horrible lower back pain, heavy menstruation) was because I also had endometriosis! SO... he recommended the pill...and I took it for two years...but stopped because it made me ... well let's just say the pill turned me into a not very nice person. When I went and saw my doctor again this year (who knew I had stopped taking the pill a few years ago), I asked about birth control again because the cramps and cysts were back in full force (fabulous being a woman sometimes). He recommended nuvaring- it's a once monthly birthcontrol and it releases hormones directly into the uterus and those hormones do not circulate through the rest of the body... The cysts have stopped almost completely! The cramps (when I have them- which is rare now) are much more mild and tolerable. The idea was to slow down the endometriosis and the scarring on the ovaries and in the fallopian tubes- he said if I didn't do something (and of course he wanted and still wants to do a laproscopy- but I'm not ready for the sheer pain that that will cause) I would be sterile by the time I reached 27! So...I'm glad I found a solution that works for me- One day, I might want children!

I hope all goes well for you!

Doesn't it stink being a girl?
I've been on the pill when I was younger, did the same thing to me. I remember feeling like my nerves were going to pop out of my skin. Talk about moody and not being able to control it!

You're very young and have been through a lot. Hopefully it's all behind you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenplover View Post
oh...and don't google stuff- it'll make you jump to conclusions and you'll end up scaring yourself senseless!
While googling can scare you, the not knowing anything is worst. I went all that time (was it 4 weeks?) without knowing what was abnormal. I worried myself so bad I was ready to 1) throw up 2) pass out from the stress.

I'm actually doing ok the last few days after googling. Either I have some sort of cancer or pre-cancer or it could be something else. I highly doubt it is nothing as I have symptoms, but I'm ok. Once I get an actual diagnosis, that may change lol

Old 06-16-2008, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Doesn't it stink being a girl?
I've been on the pill when I was younger, did the same thing to me. I remember feeling like my nerves were going to pop out of my skin. Talk about moody and not being able to control it!

You're very young and have been through a lot. Hopefully it's all behind you.

While googling can scare you, the not knowing anything is worst. I went all that time (was it 4 weeks?) without knowing what was abnormal. I worried myself so bad I was ready to 1) throw up 2) pass out from the stress.

I'm actually doing ok the last few days after googling. Either I have some sort of cancer or pre-cancer or it could be something else. I highly doubt it is nothing as I have symptoms, but I'm ok. Once I get an actual diagnosis, that may change lol
Best of luck to you, gal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness