Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 11:45 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Yeah.. your "theory" is nonsense....

Insurance pays for what "works"..."insurers" are also in business to MAKE MONEY....if there is a CHEAPER alternative that WORKS they will pay for that EVERY TIME

PRP injections cost 600-1000 dollars out of pocket....that is PEANUTS compared to the cost of total joint replacement

If PRP injections really worked....and there is minimal evidence to that effect...then insurers would be jumping for joy and knocking each other over to pay for this procedure over total joint replacement...

If you are going to "make up conspiracy theories" at least make up on that makes sense...
Of course, I know, everything else is nonsense coming from you the doctor.

Insurers and AMA are pretty tight on what they do with treatments...gotta keep those surgeons in business.

Old 08-27-2017, 02:46 PM

Just looking at the impressive listing of MD's and DO on the OP's first link on the medical group, I guess they are all full of nonsense too.

Old 08-27-2017, 07:05 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,228,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Of course, I know, everything else is nonsense coming from you the doctor.

Insurers and AMA are pretty tight on what they do with treatments...gotta keep those surgeons in business.
What does AMA have to do with this???

I love when people bring the AMA into a discussion like this, then I KNOW they have no idea what they are talking about...

Why don't you explain again your ABSOLUTE NONSENSICAL THEORY about how insurers would RATHER pay tens of thousands for total joint replacements instead of HUNDREDS for PRP

That IS the theory I am ridiculing...

Please, I can't WAIT to hear how you make sense of THAT

Clearly YOU don't know who is paying the bills in this scenario....WHY do you think the "insurers want to keep the surgeons in business??"

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THE INSURERS LOSE MONEY IN THAT SCENARIO?????

Insurers are in business to MAKE money....they don't want to PAY for surgeries....why can't you understand that?? Insurers do everything they can to AVOID paying for tests and surgeries....

Oh....it doesn't support your ridiculous conspiracy theory now does it???

Old 08-27-2017, 07:17 PM

Why is everyone lined up for surgeries. Assembly lines of surgeries.

All these doctors who do this work are affiliated with the AMA. Like you doctor.

Many people don't have insurance and if they do high premiums and high deductibles and buy supplements for their insurance. Medicare patients have their shares of cost. etc..

Back to the main topic. Did you even look at the OP's links, probably not.

Old 08-27-2017, 08:10 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
My theory and thinking on WHY insurance won't cover these injections...--- they CAN really work and save people from the insurance covered surgeries. At least one ortho MD here does send patients for PRP/Stem Cells but these are out of pocket as I've said.

Some say here, they aren't covered as they don't work. I don't buy that one.

I went thru HA injections and these are insurance covered and they did NOT work...3 sessions two different times...I tried again even after first session didn't help.

That makes no sense. If it worked, it would be GOOD for insurance.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-27-2017, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That makes no sense. If it worked, it would be GOOD for insurance.
If it really worked, it would steer people away from surgeries, like myself. As I said the doctors and surgeons do a lot of directing with what the insurance companies do. Surgeons need to keep doing surgery OR they could all go to PRP/Stem Cells which can be lucrative for them and if that fails, then go to the surgery (electives).

And it does work for many, and again 1 injection or even 2 is not enough in many cases. And true it doesn't work for maybe 20% I've read.

Elective surgeries are huge in the medical world.

Dr. Darrow has been doing Prolo work from dextrose now to PRP/Stem Cells for 20 some yrs. He's got to have successes to continue, don't you think. Many many are very discouraged with surgery outcomes and many just don't want to take the chance of failures, problems etc. I live with enough complications from the hip job. It never leaves my mind as the pain and dead thigh nerves are always with me.

Old 08-27-2017, 08:45 PM

Furthermore, if the insurance world covered PRP/Stem Cells, which can be effective for years, this would also drive people for trying the HA injections (synvisc, eufflexa) series which BTW are not cheap and they do not work for most. I did them two some yrs apart, but insurance paid. Ha Ha. And would also drive away people opting for cortisone which breaks down the joints, maybe gives some relief, but worse in longrun.

The HA drugs and cortisone drugs would be used less and less and these producers would lose money. It's all tied together, the big medical world. I've thought so much of all this through as I've been thru so much with these joints over many yrs.

Just thought of another thing with all these surgeries,,,MOST go to rehabs for weeks/months and go thru PT etc etc...the rehabs would be losing money as would PT workers. As I said it's so connected. A friend just went thru 2nd hip replacement and spent close to 2 months in rehab facility and now holding piles of copays medicare didn't pick up...

Old 08-27-2017, 08:50 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
The insurance company would MAKE money, not lose it.

Insurance companies want less surgery, less medications, less of everything. They are the ones who pay.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-27-2017, 09:17 PM

4 posts, read 10,184 times
Insurance companies don't want to pay for anything if they can find an excuse not to.

I've done PRP and Prolotherapy for over 20 years. Was introduced to it after I broke both ankles and had a severe instability in both ankles.. they bent 20-22 degrees PAST where they should have. 3 Orthopedic surgeons told me "surgery is the only way to fix this." When I mentioned I was looking into Prolo, they scoffed.

Well, I did a series of injections to both ankles, every 3-4 weeks, for several months. Never had a problem with the ankles since. That was 20+ years ago.

At the time, there were 4 doctors doing Prolo in the LA area. Now there are 100's.

It does work, but it's dependent on WHO is doing the injections. If they are off, even slightly with where they are injecting, it's a waste. But a good doc will nail it.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiffBueno View Post
Insurance companies don't want to pay for anything if they can find an excuse not to.

I've done PRP and Prolotherapy for over 20 years. Was introduced to it after I broke both ankles and had a severe instability in both ankles.. they bent 20-22 degrees PAST where they should have. 3 Orthopedic surgeons told me "surgery is the only way to fix this." When I mentioned I was looking into Prolo, they scoffed.

Well, I did a series of injections to both ankles, every 3-4 weeks, for several months. Never had a problem with the ankles since. That was 20+ years ago.

At the time, there were 4 doctors doing Prolo in the LA area. Now there are 100's.

It does work, but it's dependent on WHO is doing the injections. If they are off, even slightly with where they are injecting, it's a waste. But a good doc will nail it.

Glad you made it here and telling about your success. I know prolo works as I've had dextrose but need to hear more successes and need to come up with the money. My ankles are arthritic more since messed up knee...messed up knee is from messy hip replacement...

True, insurance companies don't want to pay for anything if they can get out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness