Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2021, 10:39 AM

4,005 posts, read 2,081,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Full mask mandates, mandatory vaccination to enter public places, and remote schooling until kids are vaccinated while community transmission is high.
I agree with everything except mandated vaccination.

Not everyone's metabolism can handle it, and its a 'vaccinate at your own risk' proposition. You are required to sign a waiver. Its really rather silly because it doesn't eliminate the need to remain masked. It also doesn't do anything for new variants.

We are up to Delta (Covid 19 number 4). Covid-19 #5, #6 and #7 are already predicted to be a problem.

Not getting vaccinated is not what is causes a virus to evolve to a stronger form.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2021, 11:43 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,438,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
No, not "virtually all cases are unvaccinated" right now. Come with research data, not press releases, if you disagree.

My prediction: Is that the vaccines will start to wane by August, prior to the boosters being available. The boosters may have an even higher rate of adverse events associated with them than the covid vaccines in general do. It's hard to imagine anything being worse, as the number of deaths following Covid vaccination reported to VAERS now exceeds the total number of deaths reported to VAERS for all other vaccines combined over the past 30 years (Covid vaccine = 9,048 vs. all other vaccines combined = 8,886).
https://wonder.cdc.gov/vaers.html?fb...Oo7rd_6Wqt1Mu8

Regardless, the boosters will likely somehow, be even worse; possibly due in part to ADE.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7943455/

Additionally, after the flu vaccine campaign begins in late September, we will see a rise in covid rates by October; just like we did in Sep-Oct 2020. Hopefully not as bad.

Not to sound like the cackling crone in the tent at a gypsy carnival or anything ... but remember that all my predictions last year here on CD came true. Nobody has argued that with me, they just blame my being right on everything else (holidays, protests, reopenings, mandates, etc ...) Like really; I'm not that lucky to have been "accidentally right", multiple times but whatever.

So, the takeaway is that we will have a wave starting around August, where even press releases can't claim that they are all unvaccinated. This will be followed by a bigger wave by late October. Since I don't know when the boosters will be available, I can't predict any further.

As a matter of public health; it is extremely important that Ivermectin be used widespread, in early stages of infection. It should have been being used this entire time & not as many people would be dead. It will be even more important this Fall.

*rubs hands together & cackles "hee-hee, my pretty"

Or I could be completely wrong, lol but if you think your experts know (or will use what they know) any better than any of us posters do; you will be disappointed.
I'm not digging for studies when all the parties agree what's going on.

There is no evidence that flu vaccines cause people to get covid. Why do you keep spreading that misinformation?

Yes, I agree there will be the surges you predict, but not because I think you have some amazing expert predictive ability. It will be for the same reasons as last year, people crowd back into their homes as it gets colder. Then lay the holidays on top.........more, larger, inside crowding into homes. New this year more people will be back at work.....crowded inside. None of this is really rocket science.

The fact that you are sometimes able to fit your conspiracy/antivax theories into reality is meaningless to me. But, carry on.

Old 07-18-2021, 12:31 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,957,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
I wonder if the vaccine hysteria is going to stop people from getting regular flu shots. Never mind Covid, this could lead to really bad flu seasons in the future.
Actually, we may see the opposite.

There's talk of bundling flu shots with the COVID booster. My spouse doesn't bother with flu shots but he would get one this year because he'd want the booster. I have to have a yearly flu shot so I'm in, too.

https://www.fiercebiotech.com/resear...iruses-animals

Old 07-18-2021, 12:34 PM

307 posts, read 164,247 times
Vaccines are obviously the top line of defense. Ther are so many mask deniers but the masks absolutely have a positive effect. I was in contact (same room off and on over 6 hours with periods lasting 1-2 hours at a time) with two symptomatic people for extended periods of time and I tested negative each time. Why? Because social distancing and masks helped slow teh spread. They may not have stopped the virus completely but definitely decreased viral load. The bonus was many people avoiding nagging colds, flu, and allergy symptoms.

Hopefully, children under 12 will be able to get vaccinated soon. The delta variant is much more likely to infect and cause symptoms in children.

Old 07-18-2021, 12:36 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
I almost always get the flu shot anyway, but now I absolutely get the flu shot. I don't want to get sick and have to wonder if it is the flu or covid.

NorCal got an alert to start wearing masks indoors again (Bay area, Sonoma County, etc.).

I will continue to wear my mask indoors in NV.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-18-2021, 12:54 PM

3,078 posts, read 1,543,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
I wonder if the vaccine hysteria is going to stop people from getting regular flu shots. Never mind Covid, this could lead to really bad flu seasons in the future.

Facebook has become the most trusted medical authority in America.
i don't get a flu shot. Havent for 35 yrs and never had the flu. Not getting Covid shot either or shingles, etc etc etc. If you wear a mask indoors around other people, wash your hands, its amazing how many diseases disappear. Of course the drug cos lose money.

Old 07-18-2021, 12:58 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
i don't get a flu shot. Havent for 35 yrs and never had the flu. Not getting Covid shot either or shingles, etc etc etc. If you wear a mask indoors around other people, wash your hands, its amazing how many diseases disappear. Of course the drug cos lose money.
Shingles is not something you catch from other people.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-18-2021, 01:19 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
If you don't want to get a vaccine, don't get one. Personally, I got the Hong Kong flu when I was a kid living in Japan, and prior to the flu vaccine, I got the flu just about every year. After the vaccine, BAM, no more flu for me, except the one year I literally forgot to get a flu vaccine - and I got the flu.

And ugh - a real case of the real flu typically lasts a week and for me it involves a fever, chills, headache, body aches, coughing up a lung, the whole nine yards. I have gotten "walking pneumonia" twice from the flu and bronchitis several times, and I'm not a sickly person at ALL. In fact, I haven't been sick now in years and I'm 59 years old. I mean, I haven't been sick with anything at all, not even the sniffles. Only the flu tends to get me so if I can avoid that, I'm generally good to go.

I've always responded very well and with very few side effects from any vaccine, so I went ahead and I've been fully vaccinated for COVID since March or April. I wear a mask now wherever a mask is mandated but otherwise I just don't wear one. So far so good here. (We've been in a pandemic now for what - 16 months or more?)

Old 07-18-2021, 01:37 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,665,924 times
Next month there is another vaccine expected to be released so here we go again.
Which vaccine to chose is the problem, but we need to focus more on the treatment.

Old 07-18-2021, 02:30 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Next month there is another vaccine expected to be released so here we go again.
Which vaccine to chose is the problem, but we need to focus more on the treatment.
I think better treatment is one of many reasons why deaths are falling so quickly in the US. We know a lot more about this virus and how to treat COVID than we did a year and half ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness