Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 01:05 PM

50,564 posts, read 47,399,705 times

Advertisements

I'm with ya Back surgery scheduled next week. So much for returning to running marathons this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 01:19 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,986,622 times
Sorry to have left out the important credits. My surgery was done at the VA hospital in La Jolla Ca and as with other sugerys there, they have done a fabulous job with each and every one I had and many, many kudos to the staff. I am proud as a veteran to say they do the best for all of us vets. They are kind and considerate in regards to our medical needs and do a tremendous job. I hope this gets out to the head honchos in Washington DC. Steve (WW11, Korea)

Old 08-30-2008, 07:35 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,839,013 times
When my sciatica acts up in the car I do two things: Remove the wallet and place a small pillow under the right leg at the knee. I find that the lack of support there in most cars is a big part of the cause for me.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:20 PM

1 posts, read 8,224 times
let me tel u about my pain ....sciatica can last long as 3 months.. try not to walk as much rest much as possible.. the pain is so fierce u cant even walk it starts from the back above the right cheek butt and then radiates back of the thigh mine goes all the way to front and down to the foot. It got so bad i couldnt even sleep on my right side. the pain is like bolts of electricity very painful and pinching and gnawling so bad that it drives u crazy.. when if first started i couldnt put any pressure on my leg, I couldnt even drive my car.. I started to take it easy and rest ... I couldnt even rub or message it sometimes it would hurt worse ..so leaving it alone and using icy hot and just resting it starting to feel much better. I still cant touch some of my areas cause its tender to the touch, I also had severs spasms with it going from cheek of butt down my leg i cant even begin to explain this pain. sciatica is one hell of a pain to have.. even twisting the wrong way or sitting the wrong way can start it up ... I also changed my bed mattress I went and bought me an air mattress god its helping me so much. I cant sleep on any coil mattress i think this contributed to my sciatica acting up....

Old 07-07-2009, 08:43 AM

1 posts, read 7,564 times
I am having the same problem. It started after a skiing accident a few years ago and has progressed to the point of severe pain in my left leg from butt to foot after 30 mins. in the car. I dread all car rides...leaving for a 6 hr drive w/girlfriends in a couple of days. I'll take allieve & anything else I can get my hands on to help the pain. No one likes a whiner...

Old 07-07-2009, 09:07 AM

1,378 posts, read 6,223,585 times
Try taking Ester-C for sciatica nerve pain.....I talk about this all the time on the health form. Ester-C has bioflavonoids, which have anti-inflammatory properties. I no longer have sciatica nerve pain!!!! This is a wonder vitamin for me. It's very, very affordable! A bottle of 300 costs me around $14. I take anywhere from 4000 to 5000mg. a day. I am a 42 year old female. The amount of mg you should take will vary from person to person, so you will have to experiment. I'd give it a month to get in your system and get working. Start out with 1000mg a day and work your way up until you get the results you need. If you get the runs, back off a bit until your body gets use to the C.

I can't tout this stuff enough....it's been a wonderful discovery and I am now pain free. I have had sciatica nerve problems since my early 20's- an ex-gymnast, which is probably how I got the injury. It's so great to be able to do all the yard work I need to do and not have to stop because my nerve pain is unbearable. It has really improved my quality of life.

There are no side effects to taking Ester-C that I know of. You can get this brand at Costco or Walmart or order online. Don't just take any Ester-C. I recommend the one with the orange label (American Health) or the one with the blue label. Here's a picture of the one I take:

Ester-C®

Dynamite stuff AND it's cured my allergies to boot! Amazing stuff!

Old 07-07-2009, 09:10 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,058,902 times
Do you smoke?

Old 07-07-2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
Do you smoke?
If you're talking to me, a big NO. Never have never will!

Old 07-07-2009, 01:39 PM

457 posts, read 1,380,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrie View Post
Try taking Ester-C for sciatica nerve pain.....I talk about this all the time on the health form. Ester-C has bioflavonoids, which have anti-inflammatory properties. I no longer have sciatica nerve pain!!!! This is a wonder vitamin for me. It's very, very affordable! A bottle of 300 costs me around $14. I take anywhere from 4000 to 5000mg. a day. I am a 42 year old female. The amount of mg you should take will vary from person to person, so you will have to experiment. I'd give it a month to get in your system and get working. Start out with 1000mg a day and work your way up until you get the results you need. If you get the runs, back off a bit until your body gets use to the C.

I can't tout this stuff enough....it's been a wonderful discovery and I am now pain free. I have had sciatica nerve problems since my early 20's- an ex-gymnast, which is probably how I got the injury. It's so great to be able to do all the yard work I need to do and not have to stop because my nerve pain is unbearable. It has really improved my quality of life.

There are no side effects to taking Ester-C that I know of. You can get this brand at Costco or Walmart or order online. Don't just take any Ester-C. I recommend the one with the orange label (American Health) or the one with the blue label. Here's a picture of the one I take:

Ester-C®

Dynamite stuff AND it's cured my allergies to boot! Amazing stuff!
Torrie, thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try...I used to get occassioanl sciatica, now it seems to be more of a regular pain to deal with, probably an age for me..lol..I'll let you knwo of my results..

Old 07-07-2009, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncgdad1 View Post
Torrie, thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try...I used to get occassioanl sciatica, now it seems to be more of a regular pain to deal with, probably an age for me..lol..I'll let you knwo of my results..
Yes, please let me know. It has been such a wonder drug, if you want to call it that, for me. I keep jumping up and down about it on this forum, in hopes that someone else will have the same experience I have, so I would love to hear back from you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness