Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 09:01 AM

1 posts, read 6,739 times

Advertisements

Burning sensations of blood flow in the back of my right ankles, I am pretty health in my late 40's. Pretty active person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2017, 07:12 AM

1 posts, read 6,554 times
When I am on my back and my legs are flat , both of my legs overheat that he had to pull out the cover. And when I touch the they re really hoti had leg ultrasound they didn't find out anything wrong they also check the blood flow and nothing was wron. I was diagnosed as prediabetic and I am watching my carb my hma1c got better. What s with the heat in my legs (knee to ankle). I am in my mid 50 and I workout twice a week and hike

Old 01-10-2018, 04:31 PM

1 posts, read 6,267 times
Default Exact description!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
In the last several weeks, I've often experienced a "hot flash" in my left leg that lasts anywhere from a few seconds to at most a half minute, which then goes away. It feels like warm 110-degree water being poured on my lower leg, between the ankle and the knee. One doc I asked about it said "it's probably nothing to worry about". Well, is it? Anybody else experience this? Maybe it's just normal to the aging process?...(I'm in early 60's)

Bud
Bud, you just described exactly what I am experiencing! Did you find the cause? I am 62, overweight but no real health issues. I have a general check up appointment in 19 days and I was going to mention this. Any feedback would be great

Old 01-08-2019, 09:05 PM

1 posts, read 5,887 times
Well I’m 45, and I just started having the exact same symptoms and I cannot figure out what it is either. I feel the heat come on in the same location throughout the day, whether I’m lying down or standing. It comes on in the left leg right above my ankle on the outer side. It doesn’t last long but it heats up and in seconds goes away.

Old 01-09-2019, 12:32 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,976,739 times
https://www.healthline.com/health/bu...legs#treatment

Old 02-03-2019, 10:28 AM

2 posts, read 6,334 times
I am a 43 year old healthy woman and I've been experiencing this exact thing for weeks. Have you found any answers?

Old 02-04-2019, 06:50 PM

19,506 posts, read 9,534,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
In the last several weeks, I've often experienced a "hot flash" in my left leg that lasts anywhere from a few seconds to at most a half minute, which then goes away. It feels like warm 110-degree water being poured on my lower leg, between the ankle and the knee. One doc I asked about it said "it's probably nothing to worry about". Well, is it? Anybody else experience this? Maybe it's just normal to the aging process?...(I'm in early 60's)

Bud
Very, very similar. I haven't felt it in a while though. It happened in my last year of working. It wasn't super hot but it was rather warm. It was noted mostly with my left leg. It felt to me like someone throwing a cupful of warm water at my left upper leg or sometimes below knee around lower left portion of left leg. It did not last long at all. I can't recall what I was doing that may have brought it on. It did not hurt. It was just odd to me.
Late 50's/early 60's when it happened. It was not an everyday occurrence either. I can't pinpoint the frequency of occurrence either. Like whether it was once a week, once every other week, once a month, ... I haven't had it happen since then. I'm retired now.

I've never broken any major bones in my body, but I have fallen and banged my knees on a few occasions.

Old 02-04-2019, 07:53 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
Go to a vascular doc just to be sure...you don't have to be "old" to have issues.

Old 04-06-2019, 03:13 PM

1 posts, read 5,612 times
Default Heat flash in leg

Well I’m 22 and I’ve also been getting the weird heat wave/heat flash in my right leg between my knee and ankle as well, it gets really hot and then just flushes away. It’s very strange and it’s freaking me out. I don’t have a doctor for another month and I don’t know if it’s something to worry about or not. It started about 3 days ago and every so often it just gets super hot and then flushes away. I had just one that happened in the heel of my foot but yeah I don’t know what it is and it kinda freaks me out.

Old 05-29-2019, 06:19 AM

1 posts, read 5,380 times
I have the same on my right leg.Indecised to go to the doctor.
Please let me know if you already know what you have.
Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness