Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 11:21 AM

65 posts, read 24,385 times

Advertisements

Do the lawn granules that you spread over the lawn work? Seems like it uses Gamma-Cyhalothrin as its ingredient. Have to control a lot of ticks, fleas, stink bugs and ants. Do the granules work better if it rains shortly after?

Triazicide Lawn Insect Killer Granules
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Spectrac...41-5/100023081
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:48 AM

22,558 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Read the bag … it does not work on all insects.

Old Yesterday, 11:55 AM

65 posts, read 24,385 times
Duh, I have read the bag. I'm looking for personal experience from other CDers.

Old Yesterday, 01:22 PM

17,472 posts, read 66,002,677 times
I've used granular insecticide for a few yrs now to keep the moles away (my main concern). Kill the grubs- moles go away. As for all the other insects, can't say for sure but I would presume it works.

https://ortho.com/en-us/shop/insects...ct-killer.html

Old Yesterday, 09:48 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
I gotta say, don't use any poison. It may travel up the food chain and kill species that you don't want to kill.

Ya gotta think about the "long game" not just the pest in front of you now....

Old Today, 07:26 AM

5,874 posts, read 6,940,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laniakea2MASS View Post
Do the lawn granules that you spread over the lawn work?
I have had good success with the lawn insecticides. However, when to apply is as important as what to apply. Here's what the folks at NCSU say for my area.

https://www.turffiles.ncsu.edu/insec...%20early%20May.
"The best time to apply curative insecticides is when the grubs are actively feeding near the soil surface. Pesticides applied any other time will be ineffective. This feeding occurs from August through October, and again in April through early May."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House