Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2021, 12:24 PM

4,379 posts, read 4,617,273 times

Advertisements

https://posthtx.com/

I think this will be one of the biggest game changers to come to Houston in a while. I can see this becoming a tourist destination similar to Ponce City market in Atlanta. I don't hear enough people talking about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2021, 01:48 PM

137 posts, read 216,160 times
Why do you think this will be "one of the biggest game changers to come to Houston"? Just seems like a traditional enclosed mall with a green roof. Reminds me of the Houston Pavilions now know as GreenStreet development which did not turn into anything as planned and its located in the center of downtown.

This redevelopment is located on the outskirts of downtown and surrounded by a sea of surface parking. I hope this redevelopment is a success. However, I think there is a huge missed opportunity not incorporating some type of residential or hospitality elements on those surface parking lots.

Old 01-18-2021, 02:22 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,521,447 times
Why not? More is better. Probably not a gamechanger, but nice addition.
To me it seems to be more of a local thing for inner loop residents.
Will it worth the hassle of finding the parking for those who come from outside of loop, will see.

Old 01-18-2021, 02:34 PM

5,612 posts, read 4,933,753 times
I am concerned about the viability of the food hall. There are already two other major food halls downtown, within closer walking distance to large office employment. A third one at Lyric Center is planned, but I don't know the status of it. Plus there's the small one that was formerly Conservatory, and which I believe is under new ownership. So, that's a whole lotta food halls that have sprung up in a small area...

Old 01-18-2021, 02:34 PM

9,859 posts, read 6,570,632 times
The two biggest game changers this year is the Post Houston and Rice Innovation District. Lots of us are excited but this is a bland thread so that explains why people hwr don’t talk about that kind of development here

Definitely a game changer. That area is already vibrant with nightlife. This kind of project will make a big impact.

Old 01-18-2021, 02:37 PM
bu2

24,073 posts, read 14,866,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
https://posthtx.com/

I think this will be one of the biggest game changers to come to Houston in a while. I can see this becoming a tourist destination similar to Ponce City market in Atlanta. I don't hear enough people talking about this.
Houston already has a dozen Ponce City Markets of various sizes.

Old 01-18-2021, 02:40 PM

9,859 posts, read 6,570,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
The difference is the place Post Houston is in. Already a lot of night life in that area.

Old 01-18-2021, 03:14 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,166,211 times
Quote:
None of Houston's food halls come anywhere close in size to Ponce City Markets. I don't think any of them even have vendors that don't serve prepared meals or drinks. PCM on the other hand is a one stop dining and shopping experience.

Old 01-18-2021, 06:40 PM

4,379 posts, read 4,617,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornhouston View Post
Why do you think this will be "one of the biggest game changers to come to Houston"? Just seems like a traditional enclosed mall with a green roof. Reminds me of the Houston Pavilions now know as GreenStreet development which did not turn into anything as planned and its located in the center of downtown.

This redevelopment is located on the outskirts of downtown and surrounded by a sea of surface parking. I hope this redevelopment is a success. However, I think there is a huge missed opportunity not incorporating some type of residential or hospitality elements on those surface parking lots.
Houston Pavilions was doomed from the very beginning. Was underwhelming when it was completed and came at a time when Downtown Houston was completely dead. That's not the case right now. Before Covid Downtown Houston started getting life and some actual connectivity with the nightlife. Post Houston is completely different and unlike any other venue in Houston. A rooftop park/farm, event space, food hall, co-working space, shopping. And it's not completely on a deserted Island. It's close enough to Washington ave./ Theater district,First Ward to gt those kinds of crowds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Town View Post
Why not? More is better. Probably not a gamechanger, but nice addition.
To me it seems to be more of a local thing for inner loop residents.
Will it worth the hassle of finding the parking for those who come from outside of loop, will see.
Discovery Green/Avenida Houston has been a big draw for the entire metro. I don't see why Post Houston couldn't be similar especially if they go through with adding concerts and live shows and events on the property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
I am concerned about the viability of the food hall. There are already two other major food halls downtown, within closer walking distance to large office employment. A third one at Lyric Center is planned, but I don't know the status of it. Plus there's the small one that was formerly Conservatory, and which I believe is under new ownership. So, that's a whole lotta food halls that have sprung up in a small area...
More food options are always good thing. This is something that people complained about for years when it came to downtown. Plus Post Houston is so much more than a food hall.

Quote:
Houston has a dozen of small food halls. None compare to the sheer size of Ponce City Market. PCM is more than a food hall too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwensky View Post
None of Houston's food halls come anywhere close in size to Ponce City Markets. I don't think any of them even have vendors that don't serve prepared meals or drinks. PCM on the other hand is a one stop dining and shopping experience.
Exactly...If everything goes according to plan Post Houston would rival PCM. Of course PCM excels in having the beltline so I don't know if Post Houston will be having an answer for that. But the project is innovative as hell.

Old 01-18-2021, 06:50 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,724,888 times
I'm pretty excited to check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston