Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2022, 01:12 PM

1,745 posts, read 1,042,438 times

Advertisements

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/pol...l-17304798.php

Quote:
Hidalgo leads del Moral Mealer 48 percent to 47 percent with 5 percent undecided, among likely voters, putting the two candidates in a “statistical dead heat” in the Harris County 2022 county judge race, according to the report.

Del Moral Mealer holds a 31-percentage point advantage over Hidalgo among white voters, while Hidalgo holds a 66-point advantage over del Moral Mealer among Black voters. Del Moral Mealer holds a 3-percentage point edge over Hidalgo among Latino voters. Hidalgo holds a 14-point lead over del Moral Mealer among women, while del Moral Mealer holds a 13-point edge among men.
It's stunning to me how loyal Blacks are to the Democratic party. This also confirms what many have denied...that the Latino vote is leaning more conservative even in the city of Houston.

Many of you predicted a blow-out win for Hidalgo in November... this does not appear likely. This will be a race to watch!

Old 07-14-2022, 01:17 PM

3,189 posts, read 2,076,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJac View Post
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/pol...l-17304798.php

It's stunning to me how loyal Blacks are to the Democratic party. This also confirms what many have denied...that the Latino vote is leaning more conservative even in the city of Houston.

Many of you predicted a blow-out win for Hidalgo in November... this does not appear likely. This will be a race to watch!
I was just about to post this and you beat me to it haha. Yep, she's in some trouble though I still see her as the favorite. But people who are paying attention see what is going on. And it's surprising to me as well that black voters are still rolling with her at a 2-1 rate, but my guess is even that level of support is a decrease from when she was first elected. Anecdotally, I'm not voting for her again (I'm black), but I have quite a few politically oriented friends that are riding with her until the wheels fall off.

I also agree that Hispanics nationwide are becoming more conservative and I saw this coming. The constant identity politics is a turn off to a lot of them and many are naturally conservative. I hate the identity politics too (e.g. such and such area is turning blue - because demographics!) as they infantilize people and assume that certain races (a fictional concept in and of itself) should vote a certain way. It doesn't surprise me that many Hispanics aren't with that.

Should be an interesting race all things considered.

Old 07-14-2022, 01:32 PM

680 posts, read 279,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
I was just about to post this and you beat me to it haha. Yep, she's in some trouble though I still see her as the favorite. But people who are paying attention see what is going on. And it's surprising to me as well that black voters are still rolling with her at a 2-1 rate, but my guess is even that level of support is a decrease from when she was first elected. Anecdotally, I'm not voting for her again (I'm black), but I have quite a few politically oriented friends that are riding with her until the wheels fall off.

I also agree that Hispanics nationwide are becoming more conservative and I saw this coming. The constant identity politics is a turn off to a lot of them and many are naturally conservative. I hate the identity politics too (e.g. such and such area is turning blue - because demographics!) as they infantilize people and assume that certain races (a fictional concept in and of itself) should vote a certain way. It doesn't surprise me that many Hispanics aren't with that.

Should be an interesting race all things considered.
FWIW, the article says Hidalgo has a 66 point lead among black voters. That is well more than a 2-1 lead. The numbers are actually 82-16, more than a 5-1 lead.

Old 07-14-2022, 01:37 PM

9,954 posts, read 6,666,570 times
I'm sitting out of this election as I don't care much for either. That being said...

The same poll in reference also shows Greg Abbot losing by NINE POINTS. I don't believe either of these. The opposition is always the loudest until election time. I think Lina Hidalgo and Greg Abbott will both cruise their ways to victory.

Old 07-14-2022, 01:44 PM

680 posts, read 279,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
I'm sitting out of this election as I don't care much for either. That being said...

The same poll in reference also shows Greg Abbot losing by NINE POINTS. I don't believe either of these. The opposition is always the loudest until election time. I think Lina Hidalgo and Greg Abbott will both cruise their ways to victory.
Yeah, it shows Abbott trailing O'Rourke among Harris County voters. Statewide, Abbott leads by 5.

Old 07-14-2022, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil capital View Post
FWIW, the article says Hidalgo has a 66 point lead among black voters. That is well more than a 2-1 lead. The numbers are actually 82-16, more than a 5-1 lead.
Good catch i read that as "66%" for some reason.

Old 07-14-2022, 02:01 PM

2,442 posts, read 2,537,505 times
I see there are plenty of stupid people in rich areas of Houston (museum district, heights) with beto & Lina Hidalgo signs. Doctors? But if beto wins, he will crash oil industry that in turn is going to decline medical business as well. Maybe they are lawyers? Only lawyers might potentially benefit from all the mess.

Old 07-14-2022, 02:05 PM

9,954 posts, read 6,666,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Town View Post
I see there are plenty of stupid people in rich areas of Houston (museum district, heights) with beto & Lina Hidalgo signs. Doctors? But if beto wins, he will crash oil industry that in turn is going to decline medical business as well. Maybe they are lawyers? Only lawyers might potentially benefit from all the mess.
Yes. Beto is going to crash the oil industry. Biden couldn’t do it. But somehow Beto will. Lol. Do you think about what you say

Old 07-14-2022, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Yes. Beto is going to crash the oil industry. Biden couldn’t do it. But somehow Beto will. Lol. Do you think about what you say
Lol. Preach. US oil industry seems to do better under Dem administrations ironically because of their policies that somewhat restrict supply. You think Exxon wants to go back to the Trump years when gas was $2 a gallon??

Old 07-14-2022, 02:15 PM
Status: "Worship the Earth, Worship Love, not Imaginary Gods" (set 9 days ago)

8,398 posts, read 5,556,317 times
The Republican may win on this one. Lina is scandal riddled. Thats why I dont make much of political trends based on this election alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston