Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2022, 10:42 AM

2,441 posts, read 2,524,481 times

Advertisements

I see lots of apartments recently built next to HEB on Tuckerton.
Haven't expected to see so many.
Those are brand new, 2022.
Traffic is getting worse already.
And those people don't have to pay huge HOA fees to infiltrate the same schools in the area.
That's probably the main driver for those who work in Houston but decide to rent in Towne Lake.
How much it's going downhill now?
Did the developers cheat on residents?
They could have built more houses instead of those apartment buildings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2022, 11:04 AM

2,282 posts, read 4,060,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Town View Post
I see lots of apartments recently built next to HEB on Tuckerton.
Haven't expected to see so many.
Those are brand new, 2022.
Traffic is getting worse already.
And those people don't have to pay huge HOA fees to infiltrate the same schools in the area.
That's probably the main driver for those who work in Houston but decide to rent in Towne Lake.
How much it's going downhill now?
Did the developers cheat on residents?
They could have built more houses instead of those apartment buildings.
Is this breaking news?
That you don't have to pay a fee to go to (AKA "infiltrate") this school?

I think there's better "code language" you could have used for this post. Sigh.

Old 07-23-2022, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchful View Post
Is this breaking news?
That you don't have to pay a fee to go to (AKA "infiltrate") this school?

I think there's better "code language" you could have used for this post. Sigh.
How much are you familiar with Towne Lake?
Were existing residents aware of such a massive apartments construction in the area?

With your knowledge of the area, how different is the situation in Bridgeland?
I don't see so many apartments in Bridgeland, but who knows...

Old 07-23-2022, 12:40 PM

18,132 posts, read 25,282,316 times
Same thing that happens everywhere in Houston
Zero urban planning and “just let the market decide”

Start with a great place to with good school (lots of tax dollars for new schools in the suburbs)
Followed by a boom in building apartments

Old 07-23-2022, 12:54 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,976,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Town View Post
How much are you familiar with Towne Lake?
Were existing residents aware of such a massive apartments construction in the area?

With your knowledge of the area, how different is the situation in Bridgeland?
I don't see so many apartments in Bridgeland, but who knows...
They were going to build a bunch of apartments in the Bridgeland on Fry Road but the residents fought hard and they turned the apartments into these more affordable homes instead
https://maps.app.goo.gl/Q9rFzKDvzmpSPN7m7

But it didnt last as closer to the Grand Parkway there will be more apartments but the developer is being smarter and spacing them out. Plus I think apartments clustered next to retail isnt entirely bad, just dont overdo it

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/bus...n-15808760.php

Old 07-23-2022, 01:27 PM

2,188 posts, read 3,217,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
They were going to build a bunch of apartments in the Bridgeland on Fry Road but the residents fought hard and they turned the apartments into these more affordable homes instead
https://maps.app.goo.gl/Q9rFzKDvzmpSPN7m7

But it didnt last as closer to the Grand Parkway there will be more apartments but the developer is being smarter and spacing them out. Plus I think apartments clustered next to retail isnt entirely bad, just dont overdo it

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/bus...n-15808760.php
Welcome to cypress - all you have to do is get country approval and your in business - if Cypress would become a city and enact zoning or katy extend boundaries there's nothing you can do

Look at how discombobulated Fry and Barker Cypress look from 290 to I-10 - unless your a developer and buy 100,000 acres and limit what happens there's nothing you can do

Even the developers want multi family to justify large scale developments leasing and buying their land

It's greed - same issues happened in houston and keeps pushing west - build homes, litter areas with apartments and move to next outpost

Old 07-23-2022, 02:36 PM

Oh. I guess they waited few years to sell the houses first. Because apartments would lower appeal to house buyers. Or maybe it's a different developer: I see legally it belongs to Cypress Creek Lakes. It's right in the middle between Towne Lake and Bridgeland and apparently going to affect both communities in a future. I am not against apartments, but this just seems too much in one area.

Old 07-23-2022, 06:18 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,760,314 times
It's a hard lesson to learn when buying a home in the Houston area.There's so much shody development in the area you're better off buying within some type of city limits. i.e., Fulshear, Sugarland, Katy, Woodlands(township), Pearland, and Conroe.

Old 07-24-2022, 07:56 PM

5,614 posts, read 4,939,687 times
More anti-renter statements. There's no justification for using government regulation to limit renter housing in any one school zone. And y'all know it.

Now there's an explosion in Built-to-Rent (BTR) single family. Are y'all going to be against that in your school zone too?

Renters are people too. Their kids deserve the same access to schools as the kids of owner-occupied homes.

Old 07-24-2022, 08:51 PM

15,432 posts, read 7,487,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
More anti-renter statements. There's no justification for using government regulation to limit renter housing in any one school zone. And y'all know it.

Now there's an explosion in Built-to-Rent (BTR) single family. Are y'all going to be against that in your school zone too?

Renters are people too. Their kids deserve the same access to schools as the kids of owner-occupied homes.
Exactly. Being a renter should not cause others to think you are less deserving of the same public amenities owners enjoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston