Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2023, 12:02 PM

1,336 posts, read 6,447,652 times

Advertisements

Hey Houston did you know what your city leadership has done in your name? Klaus Schwab and his controversial World Economic Forum have now penetrated the City of Houston who've signed the City on to the WEF's C40 Plan.

Here are some details of the plan they hope to implement by 2030 according to their own documents:
  • 0 kg [of] meat consumption
  • 0 kg [of] dairy consumption
  • 3 new clothing items per person per year
  • 0 private vehicles owned
  • 1 short-haul return flight (less than 1500 km) every 3 years per person

How does the idea of no meat, no dairy, no private vehicles sound to you? Can you imagine the Houston restaurant scene without meat? The Energy Capital of the World without private cars?

Of course, this is just for you "little" people, not for the "elites" and their minions who've signed you on to this. They'll still be able to fly their private jets off to their vacation homes in Aspen, Martha's Vineyard, Gstadt etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2023, 10:10 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,277,243 times
Default I'd be surprised...

In a city with a close-minded population in regards to the idea of mass transit/rail, and fight it at every turn, I don't see it happening.

I drove to Dallas with my BIL on Sunday to see Metallica and during the trip up there, I mentioned to my BIL how this would have been a breeze in Europe as one could take a fast train in 2.5 hours from most major cities to watch the show in a different country, and take a train back home. Endless massive structures of concrete in Houston all the way to Dallas, and in my lifetime, there will not be enough revenue to pay for the maintenance of it eventually, then what will they do?

So unless a good rail transportation system is put into place, it will NEVER happen. Even with all the wasted Federal dollars on the supposed 'bike lanes', it will not suffice, especially with weather that Houston has. Everyone knows Houston did that just to get the Fedral dollars.

That said, I understand the vision, and it is possible in many European cities, but as I hinted, they already have a viable transit system and you can get practically anywhere by train. Also, the European cities are very dense compared to the US, especially Houston. I don't see people in the master planned communities surrounding Houston supporting this at all.

Old 08-26-2023, 10:20 AM

2,548 posts, read 4,055,756 times
Nuance is possible. With this, as with most things that enter the political discussion, that is often lost.

Aiming towards certain goals (and the document you link lists different possible targets, which you failed to mention) will make a difference and improve lives. Nobody is taking away your cheeseburger and gas stove.

Old 08-26-2023, 04:26 PM

561 posts, read 297,742 times
I doubt no private cars is something that will ever happen in Houston, at least in the next 50 years. Houston & the rest of Texas is far too car centric.

Old 08-28-2023, 06:40 PM

1,336 posts, read 6,447,652 times
https://x.com/wideawake_media/status...htGvwCk060IfHg

Old 08-28-2023, 06:50 PM

2,548 posts, read 4,055,756 times
If I wanted to read random right-wing content from "x," I wouldn't have dropped the app.

Old 08-29-2023, 03:34 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,011,139 times
This is just a right wing conspiracy. Shame on you.

On a serious note. Pretty spooky.

Old 08-30-2023, 05:08 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston-nomad View Post
If I wanted to read random right-wing content from "x," I wouldn't have dropped the app.
Then don't read it. Stay ignorant.

Old 08-30-2023, 05:10 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston-nomad View Post
Nuance is possible. With this, as with most things that enter the political discussion, that is often lost.

Aiming towards certain goals (and the document you link lists different possible targets, which you failed to mention) will make a difference and improve lives. Nobody is taking away your cheeseburger and gas stove.
Oh, you think this is a good thing. Can't see the forest through the trees. Some people don't seem to see two steps ahead.

Old 08-30-2023, 05:30 PM

8,354 posts, read 5,514,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
This is just a right wing conspiracy. Shame on you.

On a serious note. Pretty spooky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Then don't read it. Stay ignorant.
Why on earth should anyone ready anything from a source that has an overwhelming agenda to spin things? That goes for Wide Awake America or the Huffington Post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: