Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2024, 12:10 PM

18,123 posts, read 25,266,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
Interesting. It absolutely should be 100% of the cost imo. And that 30% increment should go towards paying for more officers/resources. I do not understand why any of that cost should be subsidized by general funding.
Removing money to subsidize additional patrolling in rich areas ... interesting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2024, 09:40 AM

269 posts, read 117,840 times
Default dropped cases

Keep in mind that all cities have to drop cases even without investigating. Also only about 20% of criminal complaints result in any kind convitiction. Why would they single out The sex cases? Are the other cases not important? We have a growing problem where the media and government are using sex crimes as a way to mitigate the gravity of other crimes. Every one of those crimes should be prosecuted equally.

Old 03-15-2024, 10:57 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,020,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas100 View Post
Keep in mind that all cities have to drop cases even without investigating. Also only about 20% of criminal complaints result in any kind convitiction. Why would they single out The sex cases? Are the other cases not important? We have a growing problem where the media and government are using sex crimes as a way to mitigate the gravity of other crimes. Every one of those crimes should be prosecuted equally.
I read the other cases were less severe... property theft, etc. I think we can all agree that sex crimes are more violent than property theft.

What I don't understand is why the.victims let these cases go uninvestigated. That would be a signal to me that they were not that important. I guarantee you if I call the police about something I'm going to ensure it is looked into.

Old 03-25-2024, 03:31 PM

1,336 posts, read 6,444,076 times
One of the reasons they did this was to be able to claim that the crime rates were down.

No prosecutions, no crime rate increase.

It's magic!

Your government has failed you. Every responsible citizen who can legally purchase and safely operate a firearm should go and buy one today. Learn how to use it. Pray you don't have to.

You are on your own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston