Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2024, 10:17 AM

1,517 posts, read 1,801,011 times

Advertisements

Ok, I've flown out of IAH dozens of times and I know most of its nuances, but I don't know the answer to this question and I haven't found an obvious answer on the IAH website.

My question - if I'm flying out of Terminal A, can I clear security in Terminal C or D?

I've just gotten Priority Pass access through my new CC and would like to check out one of the PP lounges in Terminal D (I understand access is hit-or-miss depending on how busy the lounges are with KLM/AF business class passengers, but thought I'd try).

Seems it would be quicker to clear security at C or D and head straight to the lounge, rather than clearing at Terminal A and taking the AirTrain all the way to D.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2024, 11:28 AM

850 posts, read 464,353 times
Pretty sure you can enter in any terminal. You should be good to enter at C or D and go to A after security.

Old 05-05-2024, 06:34 PM

3,184 posts, read 2,072,204 times
Yep, you're good. Use whatever terminal you want.

Old 05-05-2024, 06:51 PM

1,517 posts, read 1,801,011 times
Thanks all!

I'm not sure if we're allowed to post links (moderators, please accept my apologies if I've contravened any C-D policies), but according to this forum post, I should indeed be fine to clear security in Terminal D as long as I'm not checking bags (I am not):

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...struction.html

Old Yesterday, 08:10 AM

5,638 posts, read 4,963,757 times
I would hope that as long as you don't have to do something airline-specific at check-in (like bags) - meaning you're using your phone as a boarding pass - you could probably use any terminal.

Old Yesterday, 02:26 PM

224 posts, read 262,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwarnecke View Post
Ok, I've flown out of IAH dozens of times and I know most of its nuances, but I don't know the answer to this question and I haven't found an obvious answer on the IAH website.

My question - if I'm flying out of Terminal A, can I clear security in Terminal C or D?

I've just gotten Priority Pass access through my new CC and would like to check out one of the PP lounges in Terminal D (I understand access is hit-or-miss depending on how busy the lounges are with KLM/AF business class passengers, but thought I'd try).

Seems it would be quicker to clear security at C or D and head straight to the lounge, rather than clearing at Terminal A and taking the AirTrain all the way to D.
I do this almost exclusively, A&B terminal precheck/premium is bad. Clear at C, take the clean side train to whatever terminal you're flying out of.

YMMV if not flying United

Old Today, 03:06 PM

5,638 posts, read 4,963,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornHotspur View Post
I do this almost exclusively, A&B terminal precheck/premium is bad. Clear at C, take the clean side train to whatever terminal you're flying out of.

YMMV if not flying United
Hmm, almost all of my recent experiences going through security in Terminal B have been excellent - practically no line. That said, I try to fly late morning / early afternoon if possible. I have seen some horrendous early morning (before 7:00 am) lines there in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston