Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2013, 04:47 PM

4,954 posts, read 8,952,889 times

Advertisements

Great article for sure! So in addition to all of the students down there with the VAS, 50 offices moving there along with a new office for the Barnes Agency. This will likely fill up most of the upper floors available on third ave across from Pullman. Hopefully more property owners will get wise and follow suit to make their property more attractive for business and living space! Great to see the progress downtown is making!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 05:36 PM

941 posts, read 1,355,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
Great article for sure! So in addition to all of the students down there with the VAS, 50 offices moving there along with a new office for the Barnes Agency. This will likely fill up most of the upper floors available on third ave across from Pullman. Hopefully more property owners will get wise and follow suit to make their property more attractive for business and living space! Great to see the progress downtown is making!
My thoughts exactly! If we can fill up offices on 4th Ave the real progress will begin. If there is a demand for downtown property, business and residential, then maybe we will see some new buildings as well.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:39 PM

We are quickly heading in that direction for sure! Smart and sustainable growth!

Old 06-29-2013, 08:06 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,044,974 times
I'm curious about the 50 offices. Where are they currently located, and is that 50 separate organizations/offices, or 50 work groups within the same organization?

Old 06-29-2013, 08:24 PM

Not certain if they are located elsewhere or if this is an expansion of the RTI. They currently have offices in the building already so they may be centralizing, expanding or both. The article didn't clarify, it was just a quote from someone with RTI. The focus was the Visual Arts Center.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:48 AM

Marshall to reveal their updated master master plan July 18th at the open house. I am very curious to see more about this. I know that the last time they talked about their master plan they didn't update much, if anything, on their website. I'm curious to see what lies ahead.

MU Master Plan Will Be Presented at July 18 Open House | Huntington News

Old 07-12-2013, 08:54 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,150,707 times
I will be interested to see if the much needed baseball field is included and to what level of detail, in the next updates to the master plan.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post
I will be interested to see if the much needed baseball field is included and to what level of detail, in the next updates to the master plan.
I think everyone is keen to see something about the baseball field. They may hold off on that due to the mayor's intent to bring a minor league team to Huntington. A baseball field/stadium for Marshall would not meet the needs of a minor league team but a minor league stadium would certainly meet the needs of Marshall.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:49 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,150,707 times
I think the best way to get a new ballpark is for MU, the city, the state and a private developer to work together.

I think MU could built a ballpark that meets both their needs and the requirements of Minor League Baseball. The playing field requirements set by CUSA are close to the same needs of an affiliated minor league baseball team and their MLB parent club. I just don't think they want to do it on their own and that's why I mentioned the partnership is in my opinion the best course of action.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post
I think the best way to get a new ballpark is for MU, the city, the state and a private developer to work together.
This is exactly what the mayor and Marshall's athletic director have stated needs to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington