Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2024, 09:51 AM

34 posts, read 6,476 times

Advertisements

That sounds great and I think it will work well in that location. It is nice to see they already have interest and are already locking in tenants over two years before the facility will open. There are likely many more conversations taking place about leasing space in the facility. I'm also happy to see a local business expand and not just national chains (which don't get me wrong, I'm happy every time a new one comes in). Very exciting times for downtown Huntington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:44 AM

6,128 posts, read 9,182,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstap View Post
That sounds great and I think it will work well in that location. It is nice to see they already have interest and are already locking in tenants over two years before the facility will open. There are likely many more conversations taking place about leasing space in the facility. I'm also happy to see a local business expand and not just national chains (which don't get me wrong, I'm happy every time a new one comes in). Very exciting times for downtown Huntington.
I can envision Fourth Ave being like a smaller version of High Street in Columbus someday. Student housing, with plenty of restaurants and coffee shops on the ground floor. Mix in university buildings, entertainment options, and nightlife.

Old Today, 12:14 PM

34 posts, read 6,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
I can envision Fourth Ave being like a smaller version of High Street in Columbus someday. Student housing, with plenty of restaurants and coffee shops on the ground floor. Mix in university buildings, entertainment options, and nightlife.

I agree. It should be a very desirable area for restaurants and retailers as there will be considerable foot traffic between the students, faculty/staff, and the private entity employees that will be routinely in the area. Hopefully we will start to see more upscale apartments and other residential units going into the area.

Old Today, 03:21 PM

593 posts, read 603,128 times
Marshall needs to level up their game and provide more housing opportunities that you find at other growing schools. There is a plan to take down the towers but not sure what they will be replaced by. Students now are wanting nice dorms with private rooms and private bathrooms. Parents want safety. If MU wants to grow and compete with other mid-sized schools then new housing is a must. The Village was nice and is still an option but it is not exactly safe and is not on campus.

Old Today, 03:37 PM

4,996 posts, read 9,012,865 times
They had a master plan a few years ago that showed plans for a new dorm across 5th Ave from Towers. I'm not sure what happened to that plan. I haven't heard anything about them taking the Towers down though. As part of the new Innovation District, they are supposed to take down those houses on the north side of 5th Ave between 15th and 16th streets to build new townhouses. Hopefully some private investment will bring some new apartments to that area as well. There are a couple of lots that would be good for something like that. There's the lot on the Southeast Corner of 4th and 12th street and the lot on 3rd and 12th were the Emmons Buildings were.

If Marshall and Huntington can see some good growth over the next decade, hopefully that will bring some of these changes about through that process of growth. If they can bring up the quality of the housing between Marshall and Cabell and 20th to 16th streets, that would do a lot to fix many of the other issues in the area. I've always said, that land is at the same time the least desirable but with the most potential in all of Huntington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington