Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2022, 02:40 PM

130 posts, read 105,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
You know, HSVAeroEngineer, you never answer my questions. I can understand your not responding to my criticism, but you never answer questions. I believe that it is because there is no good answer or rebuttal to my questions.
If I didnt, it was because I felt they were not worth my time. They probably did not impress me either.

RocketDog seems to be the most reasonable person here so far.

If I tell you about litter here, and somebody tells me it is worse in Mississippi- it hard to follow the logic there.

Last edited by HSVAeroEngineer; 09-11-2022 at 02:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2022, 07:05 AM

11,001 posts, read 6,860,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVAeroEngineer View Post
If I didnt, it was because I felt they were not worth my time. They probably did not impress me either.

RocketDog seems to be the most reasonable person here so far.

If I tell you about litter here, and somebody tells me it is worse in Mississippi- it hard to follow the logic there.
It's laughable that you did not find my questions impressive. You simply don't want to answer them because the answers you were likely to give would have done nothing to support your sense of grandiosity.

Old 09-12-2022, 07:36 AM

3,933 posts, read 2,187,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Probably is attributable to the labor rate differences between the two places.
Yes, the ones who are in Huntsville are lazier, more ignorant and have no pride compare to the ones in CO.
That is why they are 30% less expensive. As they should be.

It won’t last though.
The OP will fix everything up to his standards, including the infrastructure - the Huntsville /Alabama residents better start saving money for more taxes.

Old 09-18-2022, 08:43 AM

82 posts, read 75,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
You know, HSVAeroEngineer, you never answer my questions. I can understand your not responding to my criticism, but you never answer questions. I believe that it is because there is no good answer or rebuttal to my questions.
It’s because he clearly thinks he is better than all the rest of us and here to save us all from ourselves.

Old 09-18-2022, 08:47 AM

82 posts, read 75,040 times
Hey @ HSVAeroEngineer

Have you noticed virtually no one responded to the preposition in your original post? Do you Wonder why that is?

Old 09-25-2022, 02:43 AM

130 posts, read 105,820 times
Default Top thing I detest about this area

I have completed 2 months living here in Huntsville and although I appreciate the opportunities this area has provided me, mediocrity is rampant here:

There are many people here that are perfectly content and satisfied with mediocrity, no desire whatsoever to take this area to the next level or take themselves to the next level. I find that extremely hard to get used to and I never will.

I come from a family that always encouraged us to be high performers in everything we do and having high standards here can get you into trouble, which I don't care because it is a very bizarre dynamic.

For people that have high standards, you will find a lot of opposition and a natural inertia to change, no matter how good your ideas may be, it may take a LOT of convincing to get people here to accept certain ideas, no matter how logical or rational they may be, even if all the other 49 states in the country may have already embraced those ideas 10 years ago, you will still find resistance to change which I define as "irrational stubbornness"

High performers and exceptional people here will often be seen as "troublemakers" because you will rock the boat and you will challenge the status quo- as a result you will be seen as "arrogant" or "condescending" by many of the locals here.

This so called "love affair with mediocrity" is one of the main reasons in my opinion because this state scores so low in several categories- education being one of them but I also think that this area presents a lot of opportunities for people from out of state who want to introduce new ideas and new ways of doing things- those can be turned into very lucrative business ideas and opportunities for investment for people like me, who think outside of the box, who are sophisticated, cultured, well traveled and worldly

If you are slightly above average in intelligence, you will be able to identify a lot of business and investment opportunities as well as several opportunities for improvement in this area within your first few weeks here.

Last edited by HSVAeroEngineer; 09-25-2022 at 02:52 AM..

Old 09-25-2022, 03:30 AM

1,017 posts, read 638,185 times
One man can make a difference.

When I was younger, there was a documentary on TV about a scientist who, like you was smarter and more capable than everyone else around him. He realized that just being him wasn't enough because there was just too much inept mediocrity and general screwing up before he arrived for him to fix just by being there at that point in time.

So, he found a way to leap into different lives at different points in time to correct mistakes and change crucial points in history. He did it all over the world though, but if you were to focus on just Huntsville, imagine how great it could be!

I forget the dude's name... Sam something, but they are remaking his true life story I think. Anyway, I am certain with your abilities you could be The One... for Huntsville.

Last edited by OldBankhead; 09-25-2022 at 04:54 AM..

Old 09-25-2022, 05:36 AM

3 posts, read 2,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBankhead View Post
One man can make a difference.

When I was younger, there was a documentary on TV about a scientist who, like you was smarter and more capable than everyone else around him. He realized that just being him wasn't enough because there was just too much inept mediocrity and general screwing up before he arrived for him to fix just by being there at that point in time.

So, he found a way to leap into different lives at different points in time to correct mistakes and change crucial points in history. He did it all over the world though, but if you were to focus on just Huntsville, imagine how great it could be!

I forget the dude's name... Sam something, but they are remaking his true life story I think. Anyway, I am certain with your abilities you could be The One... for Huntsville.

I loved that show.

Old 09-25-2022, 06:10 AM

5,451 posts, read 4,046,770 times
merged into the existing "Hating on Huntsville" thread. Please keep all complaints in this one thread. Every thought does not require its own thread.

Old 09-25-2022, 10:44 AM

458 posts, read 617,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVAeroEngineer View Post
I come from a family that always encouraged us to be high performers in everything we do and having high standards here can get you into trouble, which I don't care because it is a very bizarre dynamic.
You claim to be a 40 year old engineer who thinks it's normal to offer free margaritas to women walking to the beach in hopes they'll join you in your $7M house. You also admitted to calling 911 out of spite because they weren't open on time. And the few comments you have made regarding engineering are so wrong that I'm surprised you passed ENG101. By any chance, does your father go by the name Hannibal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area