Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 05:43 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times

Advertisements

I Love My Job - I Hate My Job - Huntsville Company Reviews

Here's a taste:

"Here the schedule is god, quality is subject to the number of shortcuts taken to complete the work. Career growth, excellent if you are a minority"

from

Working at Northrop Grumman in Huntsville
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 09:40 AM

379 posts, read 849,300 times
What is this about?

"Location, the only other worst place I have ever lived is New Jersey. Ride your bicycle to work maybe? Only if you have a death wish!"

Old 08-28-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkratze1 View Post
What is this about?

"Location, the only other worst place I have ever lived is New Jersey. Ride your bicycle to work maybe? Only if you have a death wish!"
What is "What is this about?" about?

Old 08-28-2009, 10:07 AM

1,351 posts, read 3,425,008 times
The guy was venting about the Location of the NG office here in HSV, and the lack of safe bikeways to and from work. And admittedly so, unless you live along Indian Creek (Slaughter) so you can bike INSIDE CRP to NG at Voyager, I do not see any other safe route (the overpass on Old Mad. Pike at Bridgestreet, or the Indian Creek narrow bridge successfully thwarts any attempts to safely bike in the area)

Old 08-28-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by friday13 View Post
The guy was venting about the Location of the NG office here in HSV, and the lack of safe bikeways to and from work. And admittedly so, unless you live along Indian Creek (Slaughter) so you can bike INSIDE CRP to NG at Voyager, I do not see any other safe route (the overpass on Old Mad. Pike at Bridgestreet, or the Indian Creek narrow bridge successfully thwarts any attempts to safely bike in the area)

The same could be written about any place in Madison County. It's way too dangerous to cycle around here. I take my bike on the the Redstone Arsenal or west of the Huntsville Airport to ride at lunch.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:18 AM

This guy works for Jacobs on MSFC and he lets it all out:

"Where it goes wrong in a hurry is the work environment at MSFC. Since you are a contractor and NASA is the customer, expect to deal with battalions of renegade, power-mad, marginally competent (usually incompetent) civil servants who regard you as slime on the bottom of a toilet seat (which is plentiful at MSFC, especially since most buildings were built during the heady "space race" days and haven't been renovated or cleaned since then.) Most NASA employees were hired under some type of quota system, and it becomes painfully obvious when you give a technical presentation that is greeted by blank stares and occasional nods of feigned agreement."

and

"As far as work environment, MSFC is a true dump. There are two newer buildings that are acceptable from an office standpoint; most were built in the 1950s or 60s and should be condemned. One building in particular (known affectionately as "The Sewage Building") has chronic issues with raw sewage overflowing into the halls and floors. Residents have come up with a variety of ways to mitigate the stench."

from

Working at Jacobs - Reviews of Jobs at Jacobs

Old 08-28-2009, 10:19 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
The same could be written about any place in Madison County. It's way too dangerous to cycle around here. I take my bike on the the Redstone Arsenal or west of the Huntsville Airport to ride at lunch.
Sheeze... get a life. All you bikers are whinning about not able to bike to work. Listen man! That's why GOD created AUTOMOBILES!

So pollute away, take a deep inhale of NOx and CO2, it's far less than a puff of cigarette smoke.

Lastly, remember what Confucius said...

"...He who rides bike chase after cars will soon get exhausted !!! ..."

Old 08-28-2009, 10:38 AM

1,351 posts, read 3,425,008 times
Quote:

"Where it goes wrong in a hurry is the work environment at MSFC. Since you are a contractor and NASA is the customer, expect to deal with battalions of renegade, power-mad, marginally competent (usually incompetent) civil servants who regard you as slime on the bottom of a toilet seat (which is plentiful at MSFC, especially since most buildings were built during the heady "space race" days and haven't been renovated or cleaned since then.) Most NASA employees were hired under some type of quota system, and it becomes painfully obvious when you give a technical presentation that is greeted by blank stares and occasional nods of feigned agreement."

from

Can you spell (intelectual) D-I-S-C-R-I-M-I-N-A-T-I-O-N?
Gee, being discriminated against being gay is so 2008, MSFC contractor is the new thing to be.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:04 AM

379 posts, read 849,300 times
Quote:

and

"As far as work environment, MSFC is a true dump. There are two newer buildings that are acceptable from an office standpoint; most were built in the 1950s or 60s and should be condemned. One building in particular (known affectionately as "The Sewage Building") has chronic issues with raw sewage overflowing into the halls and floors. Residents have come up with a variety of ways to mitigate the stench."

from

Is the MSFC really this bad of a work environment? Sounds like a third world environment.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:26 PM

889 posts, read 2,398,647 times
Whining about your job is so 2007.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area