Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2015, 08:01 PM

1 posts, read 712 times

Advertisements

Need some ideas of something to do on Sundays in the IF area with a lady I am trying to impress. I get the impression that most stuff is closed, but I feel like there has to be something I am missing. Some interests would be dog-friendly venues, outdoor activities, dining, and other traditionally romantic stuff out, but I am not afraid to think outside the box either. Not really interested in any drinking or "nightlife," I am too old fashioned for all that. Sunday is the only day we both reliably have off, so I need some help as I am not very familiar with the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2015, 04:23 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,437,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmrpa View Post
Need some ideas of something to do on Sundays in the IF area with a lady I am trying to impress. I get the impression that most stuff is closed, but I feel like there has to be something I am missing. Some interests would be dog-friendly venues, outdoor activities, dining, and other traditionally romantic stuff out, but I am not afraid to think outside the box either. Not really interested in any drinking or "nightlife," I am too old fashioned for all that. Sunday is the only day we both reliably have off, so I need some help as I am not very familiar with the area.
nmrpa, It's a little difficult to know how to respond without knowing a bit more about you and the lady you hope to impress. What are your approximate ages and in general what do you each do for work? What do you usually do to impress a lady?

Surprise her with some flowers that are for her not a holiday piece. Ask her what she usually does on Sundays on her day off and would she like company. Take her out to eat! Brunch, dinner...you decide but take her out. If you don't know ask her about her interests. Dates are easier to plan when you know.

Standby things like going to the mall, a movie and dinner are always an option. There's a brand new business north of the Ammon WalMart. Ahhhhh something (Theotherdude posted it the last two weeks in the development thread). It's open 7 days/week 24 hrs./day. It's all about relaxation and different machines. It was on the news on Friday, I think.

Be a gentleman. Whether she uses Sundays for errands, watching the NFL or other, I've rarely seen a lady who didn't appreciate a gentleman. By spending time with her and learning more about her, isn't that your goal? How can you go wrong if you accompany her with what she normally does adding in some bonuses for her along the way?

There are more things to do than you might think. I'm uncertain about dog-friendly activities other than the parks. Cleosmom would be good to ask about canine adventures. Activities like snowmobiling, cross country skiing and seeing some art galleries are all options. Next week both the Methodist Church downtown and the Lutheran Church on Sunnyside have special Christmas programs with Bell Choirs. Go see lights in some of her favorite neighborhoods. S. Holmes, south of Sunnyside, is a good road to see some nice displays. There are others like Ammon and Iona. Get some hot chocolate or specialty coffee as you see lights.

Those are some ideas to start. There are many more outside things to do when it's warmer. There are more, but it won't be fun and memorable for her if you plan a great day and she is unable to do what she normally does. She'll not enjoy what you plan as much if she is stressing about getting her car serviced or wrapping packages to mail etc.

Good luck

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
View detailed profiles of: