Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 08:39 PM

9 posts, read 79,156 times

Advertisements

I wanted to get some opinions on the Idaho Falls area of Idaho. If anyone on this thread lives there, can you give me some information on the area. Crime, weather, things to do for families with children. I have seen beautiful pictures and read many things but would like to really hear things from those who have experienced it also. I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2007, 08:51 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,268,094 times
Robi, I replied to the PM you sent me as I saw that before I saw your post

Old 05-19-2007, 11:24 AM

6 posts, read 25,599 times
Idaho Falls is a decent city for Idaho. It's a slow way of life and everything is based on the INL (major employer - white collar mostly) Crime isn't bad, people still leave their front doors open, car unlocked, and have no worries about walking around most parts after dark. Political views are very strong and almost everyone is an outdoorsman... weekends, the city empties with people taking their RVs, Boats, Snowmobiles, skis, fishing poles, etc... anywhere they can.

If you like all that stuff, you'll fit in perfectly. School are fantastic! I'm a product of their public schools myself and have a lotof good things to say.

Old 05-19-2007, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudskier View Post
Idaho Falls is a decent city for Idaho. It's a slow way of life and everything is based on the INL (major employer - white collar mostly) Crime isn't bad, people still leave their front doors open, car unlocked, and have no worries about walking around most parts after dark. Political views are very strong and almost everyone is an outdoorsman... weekends, the city empties with people taking their RVs, Boats, Snowmobiles, skis, fishing poles, etc... anywhere they can.

If you like all that stuff, you'll fit in perfectly. School are fantastic! I'm a product of their public schools myself and have a lotof good things to say.
The city empties?? Ever been on 17th on the weekend?? Nope it does not empty as it used to maybe 15 years ago!

Old 05-19-2007, 04:12 PM

I like all those things and we are good family. I hope fitting right in is what we will do. I really appreciate the posts on this thread, Very informative. Thank you.

Old 05-19-2007, 09:19 PM

6 posts, read 25,599 times
well fair enough, forgot about that... Idaho Falls (IF) is a shopping mecca for the communities and farms within the surrounding 200ish miles... There are 2 wal-marts for pete sake!

Old 05-19-2007, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudskier View Post
well fair enough, forgot about that... Idaho Falls (IF) is a shopping mecca for the communities and farms within the surrounding 200ish miles... There are 2 wal-marts for pete sake!
Yepperz, two Super walmarts at that Simply crazy. I don't touch 17th unless I have to and my preference is for the wee hours of the morning at that

Old 05-19-2007, 10:27 PM

3 posts, read 13,214 times
i am sooo not ready to be back in the 17th street mess again!!!!! With all the construction closing down Sunnyside and the roads on the south end, I am sure 17th is a disaster!!!

Old 05-19-2007, 10:51 PM

I notice the faces about 17th street and the walmarts. Do any of you know the population currently in IF. Are the quite areas away from the town, like to out skirts?

Old 05-20-2007, 01:01 AM

There are subdivisions in the outlaying county areas and Ammon that are quieter than inside the city of IF. The sad fact is that there is one right after another going up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls