Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 07:39 PM

6 posts, read 42,753 times

Advertisements

Let us keep a few things about our current situations / problems in mind...

1. The population is STILL growing exponentially on the entire globe.

2. Urban sprawl is STILL outa control EVERYWHERE on the globe.

3. Prices are STILL outrageous EVERYWHERE.

Enter the Remedy...

1. War / Famine / Sickness (On a global basis)

2. Economic Depressions (On a global basis)

3. See Above Remedies...

------------------------------------------------

The way I see it...
We better get along, quit arguing and try and figure out a different set of remedies.

This is all coming from a good 'ol boy from Idaho Falls since 1973! And my family was from much smaller communities in Eastern, WY than that of Idaho Falls in 1973. (Population 30,000) If you look at my profile and see that I was born in Portland, OR it's only because my mother happened to be visiting my Aunt at the time.

Have a nice day!

Old 02-13-2008, 11:11 AM

2 posts, read 4,008 times
You "native" (and I doubt most of you are actual real Idahoans, most of you have probably only been living here ten-twenty years or less, LOLOLOL!) Idahoans are so quick to blame Californians, but where I'm living, it's only people from Washington stinking up the state. California plates are a rarity.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:32 PM

537 posts, read 1,323,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not a Liberal View Post
You "native" (and I doubt most of you are actual real Idahoans, most of you have probably only been living here ten-twenty years or less, LOLOLOL!) Idahoans are so quick to blame Californians, but where I'm living, it's only people from Washington stinking up the state. California plates are a rarity.
Most people are not "native". I have lived here for 20 years and know enough about the area and have seen the changes. Guess my children are natives since they were born here huh? "Idahoans are so quick to blame Californians", well you were quick to blame Washintonians Where do you live? I did'nt know Washintonians were an issue anywhere lol.

The issue is and always will be the actions of others not where they came from, it just so happens to be that those who have trashed it here all came from the same state. Sage, can this thread be closed already? The same things just keep coming up.

Old 02-13-2008, 03:30 PM

31 posts, read 109,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noniesgirl View Post
I am so sick and tired of people ragging on the people from CA that move into Idaho. They are moving here to get away from CA, to find the beauty that we all enjoy. They are police officers, judges, firemen, paramedics, business owners.... I could go on and on. They pay taxes just the same as we all do. They want to raise thier children somewhere safe, or they want to retire somewhere they can look out their window and see the beautiful mountains. If all the so-called "Native Idahoan's" would check into their geneology, they would find that they came from families that "transplanted" here from somewhere else. Frankly, the ONLY "Native Idahoans" are the Native Americans, they were here before anyone else. So Skitow, I say WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a Native of Idaho, now reside in WA.
First off, My Husband is a Cali Native as is my Best Friend.
I think for me, the issue is not so much that your from Cali, as it is that there are a large percent of people from Cali, who do sale their high doller homes and come here. No problem, at that point. But then, those who get here and decide to take away the beauty that is North Idaho. I think, that if one wants to get away from something, they should not try and leave there and bring ot here, as it is what they were running from. What i mean to say is. If your in a big city and you no longer want to raise your kids in such a place, why then move to a small town and then try to change what you saw in North Idaho, the drew you in. I DO NOT, believe that all people from Cali are trying to change things. But i think when we saw an overwhelming group of Cali plates, it sort of stunned us all. I had a hard time seeing North Idaho change. So we decided to live in Spokane. Why? Well i get home sick really easy.and it allows me not to watch, yet be very close to my Family.
I would welcome all people, it is just hard seeing everything you have ever known, being changed. It's all we know here.

Last edited by Tiffany76; 02-13-2008 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: spelling was crap

Old 02-13-2008, 03:41 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,848,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWay2MO View Post
Sage, can this thread be closed already? The same things just keep coming up.
I concur. We're down to rehashing old arguments. Thank you to everyone who contributed to the discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho