Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 12:56 PM

32,634 posts, read 47,975,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highplainsrunaway View Post
The Spokane County Sherriff's Office is putting up billboards in Denver looking to hire 40 new officers.

That's interesting because police officers are begging to get out of Seattle. I'm sure Spokane could have all of the ready trained police they could possibly want if they decided to accept applications from Seattle police.

I wonder why they think that Denver police good and Seattle police bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2021, 01:19 PM

45 posts, read 44,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
... I'm sure Spokane could have ...
Be careful. Most people I know from Spokane County are quick to distance themselves from Spokane (the city). Especially so for those in the City of Spokane Valley. Just an FYI for anybody not familiar with the area.

Old 04-17-2021, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highplainsrunaway View Post
The Spokane County Sherriff's Office is putting up billboards in Denver looking to hire 40 new officers.
According to KREM it's Denver, Seattle and Portland with potentially other cities to follow.

https://www.krem.com/article/news/lo...c-670f771f569e

Old 04-18-2021, 08:43 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTJoe View Post
Be careful. Most people I know from Spokane County are quick to distance themselves from Spokane (the city). Especially so for those in the City of Spokane Valley. Just an FYI for anybody not familiar with the area.
That’s funny. It’s usually Spokane distancing itself from the Valley. I’m guessing it depends on who you know.
And what part of Spokane they think of as Spokane.

Old 04-18-2021, 09:20 AM

32,634 posts, read 47,975,309 times
I was just in Spokane yesterday, in an area that my son considers to be run down and dangerous. He has to be there on business, so he knows the area.

Honestly, it didn't look dangerous to me, I think that during the daylight, even that area is safe. Although it was mid morning and there were not a lot of homeless around. The few homeless on the streets looked quite ragged. I'm told that the area normally has a lot of homeless of the type that don't look quite mentally stable, but I only saw a couple of them.

The streets and buildings all looked clean and the buildings were in good repair. I'm sure that if you use even minimal street smarts, Spokane is safe enough.

Old 04-22-2021, 08:45 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,273,774 times
CDA just enacted a new ordinance for disturbing the peace, so don't be traducing around downtown.

Old 04-22-2021, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
That’s funny. It’s usually Spokane distancing itself from the Valley. I’m guessing it depends on who you know.
And what part of Spokane they think of as Spokane.
Valid point. It's all a matter of perspective.

Old 04-23-2021, 07:18 AM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Torgue View Post
I hope so. Who’s the 19th?
Up to 20 now. Tennessee just voted to respect the civil rights of it's citizens a few weeks ago.

Old 04-23-2021, 07:22 AM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTJoe View Post
Several incidents in Idaho have been reported over the past several months that were the result of WA people coming to ID. I don't recall the specifics but you can likely research them.
The bar assaults in downtown CDA.
Something happened at the WalMart at the state line (theft, assualt...I don't recall).
WA crime spills over into NID but it's not like we don't have crime of our own. Will the opening/closing of each respective state affect this? Probably.
As I recall, the Spokane area has been very high on the lists of "stolen vehicles" repeatedly.
Spokane had the highest rate of car theft (and I think car break-ins) in the nation at one point IIRC. It comes from a criminal justice system that does nothing about property crimes-at one point they weren't even taking reports-"too busy" to bother with property crimes. But not to set up speed traps and write cell-phone tickets. Seems like some sense has returned to Spokane PD in the last decade or so and things are getting better. Rumor had it that a lot of the car thefts were being committed by Russian gangs-Spokane has a large Russian population. I'm nut sure if that is true or just local "urban legend".

Old 04-23-2021, 09:32 AM

560 posts, read 435,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Up to 20 now. Tennessee just voted to respect the civil rights of it's citizens a few weeks ago.
Awesome. Texas I believe was voting on constitutional carry last week. Dunno if it passed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho