Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2024, 04:11 PM

1,095 posts, read 827,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalTraveler View Post
Na I think the biggest gripe of folks I've heard from regarding those moving from other Western states to Boise has been their liberal manners they bring with them. So far it seems Boise has become the haven in Idaho for the non Libertarian or Conservatives. Sorry to say I'm on this side of the fence that hopes it will stay mostly in Boise.
The vast majority of people moving to Idaho are conservatives: https://idahocapitalsun.com/2023/11/...king-to-idaho/

Quote:
According to the data, among all Idaho voters who moved here from out of state:

77,136, or 65% are registered Republicans.
24,906, or 21% are unaffiliated.
14,711, or 12% are registered Democrats.
1,949, or 2% are a member of a third party, such as the Constitution Party or Libertarian Party.
Quote:
But that new voter registration data refutes a common myth passed around Idaho that liberals are fueling the out-of-state growth and threaten to turn Idaho blue or purple. In fact, the data shows that the percentage of Republican voters coming from other states is greater than the percentage of Republicans who already live in Idaho.
Boise has long been moderately liberal, don't see that changing anytime soon. Most of the rest of Idaho views it suspiciously as crazy liberal, whereas much of the rest of the country maligns it as too conservative. As a center-right moderate independent that suits me just fine.

Now if we could just get the Republican legislature to stop with the very non-libertarian meddling in our local affairs, stuff like forcing changes to ACHD and very anti rule-of-law behavior around the sale of the IDT property. The Republicans in this state are being hypocrites and if they don't knock it off I'm not opposed to getting on board with some moderate Dems if this provides some accountability at the state level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2024, 01:00 PM

147 posts, read 77,862 times
I'll stick with the words of our creator.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
“The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.”

Can't go too wrong following HIS wisdom ;-)

Old 05-10-2024, 01:34 PM

Ecclesiastes was written approximately 2500 years ago. The use of 'right' and left' in politics did not originate until relatively recently (100-200 years ago).

Old 05-10-2024, 04:17 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,073,927 times
Quote:

“The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.”

That was cute.

Old 05-10-2024, 04:20 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,073,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnythingOutdoors View Post
Ecclesiastes was written approximately 2500 years ago. The use of 'right' and left' in politics did not originate until relatively recently (100-200 years ago).
That, and...did the "creator" actually write Ecclesiastes?

Old 05-10-2024, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple92680 View Post
That, and...did the "creator" actually write Ecclesiastes?
Well, this thread has completely derailed. I expect the mods will, rightfully, be in soon to shut it down.

If you want to have a discussion about Philosophical Materialism, Theism, and how every epistemology is ultimately unprovable then I'm game. Just start a thread in the Religion section and message me. Maybe start it in the Christianity section so we can discuss how Christians (and Jews) have historically understood inspiration and what this looked like in practice -- it's not what most people assume.

Old 05-10-2024, 07:34 PM

34 posts, read 16,108 times
Quote:
Heh. I see another translation says:

"A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one."

Are you sure the "political right" is the right road and not the wrong one?

Old 05-11-2024, 10:03 PM

10,691 posts, read 7,904,853 times
“I have to ask”-what happened to OP?

He doesn’t seem to like any place, whether it be CDA, Spokane, Maui…

My sister has a place in Moscow. She was complaining recently about how many Mormons now live in the state. I’m saying, “They’re industrious, family oriented, sober, law abiding, what’s not to like?” Let’s leave it at that.

Old 05-14-2024, 06:20 AM

34 posts, read 16,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
...Mormons... They’re... family oriented...
Overly so, lol.

Old 05-14-2024, 09:08 AM

147 posts, read 77,862 times
Geez I should have included a winkie along with my last post. I was poking at the libbie lefties however anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho