Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 05:54 PM

13,825 posts, read 30,047,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace_Rinaldi View Post
This thread really has drifted but since its turned into a Californians are coming to Idaho and screwing it up and overpopulating it keep this in mind.. The city of Los Angeles alone has over 4 million people (and that doesnt count most of the illegals)LA county has over 10 million... The WHOLE state of Idaho has 1.5 million people.. CdA has 34,000 people... Kinda hard to compare the two on the numbers alone... Just something to think about.
The census counts illegals. If it didn't, you'd have a lot of neighborhoods listed with minuscule populations.....but I digress.

In 1990, Kootenai County's population was 69,795. In 2009, it was 139,390. 200 short of double. 69,595 might not sound like much, but it'd be like moving the entire city of Chino, CA to Kootenai County over the course of 20 years. My hometown of Corona, CA grew in a similar fashion with similar numbers over the same time period.......with disastrous results.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:53 PM

382 posts, read 1,037,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebigs View Post
ejay...my last night in Coeur d'Alene. Where's the best place for a 47 yr. old guy to have a couple of beers and listen to some good live music. I don't want to be in the downtown noise zone. I'd like something kick back. More of a locals place. Any recs?

Hmm Moon Time comes to mind good beer good food and good people. They have shows there from time to time not sure about tonight. And there is also the city park bistro they are shutting it down so you better hurry on over lol

Old 04-17-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Nasty, blighted Spokane? Spokane's filth? Please. Tell me how Spokane is nasty or blighted. You have obviously not been to many places that meet this definition in the midwest or south.

You should be happy Spokane is nearby. Even though you are in Boise, my question would be more general for CDA'ers. Such as, I suppose you have never used its airport, or ever shopped at its department stores. Or watched or listened to their media, which cover your town. Or, on the Idaho side, ever taken in their tourist dollars. Give Spokane a break.

And you have never been robbed there like I have and had your car stolen. And you must never go to the North side of Spokane. I have had guns pulled and knives drawn there. Good thing I pack my 45 everywhere I go now. Spokane is a rat hole that's why they flock to cda in the summer.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:01 PM

64 posts, read 262,168 times
Thanks Ejay. I've been to Moon Time a couple of times. I'm going to try Capones tonight.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:12 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,712,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay View Post
And you have never been robbed there like I have and had your car stolen. And you must never go to the North side of Spokane. I have had guns pulled and knives drawn there. Good thing I pack my 45 everywhere I go now. Spokane is a rat hole that's why they flock to cda in the summer.
Spokane is a metro area with a population nearing 500k. Show me crime stats that makes Spokane more dangerous than other similarly sized metro areas. I am sorry for your experience, but the fact is Spokane's crime is no worse than any other similarly sized metro area. Spokane is a positive for CDA, from both a business and lifestyle perspective. CDA's plusses can be attributed to its proximity to Spokane, pure and simple.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:20 PM

9,526 posts, read 11,289,642 times
CdA drivers are still more polite than most. I had some beeotch deliberately block me from getting into traffic a couple of days ago, first time I flipped off a driver around here to my recollection. A nice chap in a big pikkummupp truck let me in, the beeotch was driving a mini-Suzuki.

A couple of years back a guy's trailer jumped the hitch just as he was pulling through an intersection. A bunch of boards fell to the street. Before you could shout "Kalifornee is the place you otter bee!, so they loaded up the truck and moved to Bever-lee!!" three or four guys had jumped out of their vehicles to help the man re-hitch his trailer, re-load his wood, and move on his way. Not too many places that happens these days.

I don't frequent bars so I don't know what the downtown scene is like after dark. I know CdA has three of the top 10 in the state likker-dispensing outlets, all bars downtown.

You put enough macho guys in packed rooms with enough booze for enough hours, and guess what, eventually there will be some acting out.

Tattoos are a common part of today's New, Improved Amurrica. Not my choice, it used to be so much easier to identify sociopaths. But then 350-500+LB women didn't used to wear skin tight pants and midriff -baring clothing either, and until a few years ago I wasn't in the habit of puking in public.

I don't know who is in charge of "traffic engineering/control," my guess is no one or no one with a brain because it would be easy to fix 95 if someone would take the initiative.
Traffic circles (aka roundabouts), some no left turn intersections, and some overpasses. Not cheap, but eliminating left turns and all dozen stoplights from I-90 to the 55 zone would save gas, brakes, tires, crashes, and in the summer CdA could avoid federal ozone-zone status which it will otherwise be knockin' on the door.

As for gangstaz, I've seen a couple of ripe looking characters but nothing like any real city. Try Detroit or Philadelphia if you want a nice selection of punks, or I guess LA or SF works too.

Our civilization IMHO is in a clear decline, but it's not anywhere near as notable in CdA as in the cesspools known as big cities.

Last edited by Dwatted Wabbit; 04-17-2010 at 08:29 PM..

Old 04-17-2010, 08:32 PM

30,926 posts, read 37,126,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keim View Post
Take it easy Trace. UncleBigs is allowed to have an opinion that differs from yours. I've seen all he mentioned (minus gangbangers) in CDA. Not a lot of each, but some. Everybody has different tastes.

If you really want drunk college students you don't go to Moscow. You go to Pullman...
Ugggh. Please don't refer to California as "Cali". No one refers to Idaho as "Idie".

If you must abbreviate, "CA" will do the trick and is less to type.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:34 PM

64 posts, read 262,168 times
I'm going to re-check the Flathead Valley in Montana. It doesn't seem as far gone as CDA. CDA is a lost cause. It's been destroyed and will only get worse. 500k people in Spokane is not a benefit. It only contributes to the crowds and squalor.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Spokane is a metro area with a population nearing 500k. Show me crime stats that makes Spokane more dangerous than other similarly sized metro areas. I am sorry for your experience, but the fact is Spokane's crime is no worse than any other similarly sized metro area. Spokane is a positive for CDA, from both a business and lifestyle perspective. CDA's plusses can be attributed to its proximity to Spokane, pure and simple.
Johnny come lately is going to educate me about Idaho and Spokane. I have lived in spokane and from my own personal experience it sucks. Stuff is stolen there all the time the cops don't care about personal property crime. They let the guys out of jail to just go out and do it again. Meth is a major problem which is why the property crimes are so high. I find it funny you want me to prove my points to you about crime. Evidently you do not live in Cda either because you would know what a pain it is trying to use your own city beach in the summer but can't park because of all of the tourists. The entire down town is catered and geared for those who do not live here now. All those boats running on the lake in the summer stirring up poisonous sediment that all the mining left behind. Thousands of houses up and down the river and lake fertilizing their lawns. Docks running into the lake and rivers.

Garbage all along Hayden creek and most close areas to town keep me and my kids busy on Sundays picking up garbage near the forest service roads. Guys from Washington coming to Idaho to cut firewood because their state won't let them cut as much. People from Washington picking the huckleberries. People from Washington riding dirt bikes on our trails because their state won't allow them to ride. All the disc golf courses are crowed with you guessed it people from Washington. You got it all wrong. Spokane is enriched by being in close proximity to the entire North Idaho Region. What we have you all want and take away from the tax paying citizens of Idaho. Here is a link to google so you can search it for yourself..Google I am living it I have nothing to prove...

Old 04-17-2010, 09:46 PM

Cap-pones good choice! Have not been there in years. Good pizza!! And drinks...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho