Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 10:05 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times

Advertisements

This is how security will look like under Obama's lax enforcement plan. Slap a monitering bracelet on an illegal, don't actually monitor the bracelet, illegal simply cuts of the bracelet and goes on with life.

Meanwhile an American killed by another illegal may not get justice because the witness is now in S. America.

Quote:
An illegal immigrant and key witness in the fatal hit-and-run of a Massachusetts man is believed to have fled the country, MyFoxBoston.com reports.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) reportedly told the station that it wasn't their responsibility to keep track of 20-year-old Luis Acosta, who removed his GPS monitoring bracelet on Oct. 1 and is feared to have left the country.
Read more: Illegal Immigrant, A Key Witness In Deadly Hit-And-Run, Believed To Have Fled U.S. | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 10:34 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Amazing huh? I've been following this story since Matt died and it just keeps getting sadder and sadder.

They should have never just let the guy go but of he was not a threat... Not a law breaker was he?

Old 10-20-2011, 10:35 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
This is typical behavior for those who flout our laws, and have absolutely no regard for the lives of U.S. citizens. He probably hasn't actually left the country. Most likely, he's in another state being harbored by other illegals, or even citizen family or friends. And, given the new ICE directives, he's considered a "low priority" so they won't waste their resources attempting to locate him. He's home free, and he knows it.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:42 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
This crap has got to just plain stop. You have no idea of how many innocent lives our taken by illegal drivers more then you would like to know. Happens more often then not, just don't here about each sad case. Most likely he is being harbored by friends, or family. Where is the accountability ha. There are some who commit crimes here, and do get away, sickening.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:50 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is typical behavior for those who flout our laws, and have absolutely no regard for the lives of U.S. citizens. He probably hasn't actually left the country. Most likely, he's in another state being harbored by other illegals, or even citizen family or friends. And, given the new ICE directives, he's considered a "low priority" so they won't waste their resources attempting to locate him. He's home free, and he knows it.
He actually did leave the country. They were able to trace his cell phone signal to a tower by the JFK airport in NY.... At a terminal where flights to Ecuador depart from. I don't think they will ever catch him...unless he comes back here. I know the whereabouts of a Brazilian man who is wanted for driving drunk and killing 2 people and I have called the FBI 3 times to give them the information and they told me there is nothing they can do. He is wanted by the FBI in FL and I was told they can't do anything because he is out of the country. It makes no sense to me.

Yeah folks, Matt's family might never get justice. It is sad.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:26 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
He actually did leave the country. They were able to trace his cell phone signal to a tower by the JFK airport in NY.... At a terminal where flights to Ecuador depart from. I don't think they will ever catch him...unless he comes back here. I know the whereabouts of a Brazilian man who is wanted for driving drunk and killing 2 people and I have called the FBI 3 times to give them the information and they told me there is nothing they can do. He is wanted by the FBI in FL and I was told they can't do anything because he is out of the country. It makes no sense to me.

Yeah folks, Matt's family might never get justice. It is sad.
This really boils my blood. Yet, there is nothing to prevent his return.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:42 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:

"U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) reportedly told the station that it wasn't their responsibility to keep track of 20-year-old Luis Acosta, who removed his GPS monitoring bracelet on Oct. 1 and is feared to have left the country."

If it wasn't ICE's responsibility to keep track of this guy then whose responsibility is it?

Old 10-20-2011, 01:02 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times
He "self-deported", what is the issue?...

I thought you guys and gals wanted illegal aliens to do just that...

Complain about when they stay, complain about when they leave...

Let it go, he's out of the country...

Old 10-20-2011, 01:06 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
He "self-deported", what is the issue?...

I thought you guys and gals wanted illegal aliens to do just that...

Complain about when they stay, complain about when they leave...

Let it go, he's out of the country...
He is different because he killed two people and is wanted by the FBI. This isn't just a dishwasher or landscaper that was working here illegally, you know.

Old 10-20-2011, 05:42 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
He is different because he killed two people and is wanted by the FBI. This isn't just a dishwasher or landscaper that was working here illegally, you know.
Are you confusing the "witness" that fled the country with the driver of the vehicle?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration