Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 09:00 AM

424 posts, read 470,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
He is living in his country And you wonder why Democrats accuse you and your ilk of racism with statements like that
Do us all a favor and don't call yourself a Democrat. You give the rest of us a bad name!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 12:39 PM

63,476 posts, read 29,494,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
He is living in his country And you wonder why Democrats accuse you and your ilk of racism with statements like that
It's not racism if a politician is called out for supporting illegal aliens above the citizens of this country. He may be a citizen but apparently his heart lays elsewhere. It amazes me how the defenders of illegal aliens put the hat of racism on the wrong heads. What is equally puzzling is to claim that only the GOP opposes illegal immigration and that no Democrats do or that wanting our immigration laws enforced equates to racism.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:46 PM

559 posts, read 1,359,756 times
Breaking up families? Why were 360 children some very young, left with smugglers? Sorry ya can';t have it both ways, first using the staying with families as a reason to grant amnesty and then the same demographics leaving children behind.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:00 AM

227 posts, read 440,011 times
Breaking families? What a pathetic argument, they can be togheter in their own country!

Old 04-24-2014, 05:39 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,722,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
No, it's our turn to get back to an orderly America. The people responsible for families being separated are the illegals. They caused their own problem when they disregarded immigration laws. The only thing that needs to be fixed is that they need to leave our country. We are a nation of laws and they broke them.
I am quoting myself for this reason. I just now got a telephone conference call from a Republican named Mr. Forbes that had the biggest bunch of bull I have heard in a long time. This is just to inform you what is going on. They are organizing to have Republicans put a bill before congress and wanted us to inform our congressional representative to support this venture.

I plan to get in touch with my representative and say just the opposite.

One of his main points was that the "Dream Children" are not responsible for their problem. No, they are not responsible, their criminal parents are. I wanted to ask him while he is standing up for them, who is looking out for the rights of our legal children. Certainly not this man who seemed to think the USA cannot function without the brain power of the illegals.

I was waiting for a poll so I could tell him what I thought of this call but alas, there was none.

Old 04-24-2014, 05:50 PM

22,586 posts, read 12,156,285 times
^Thank you for the info!

Are you a member of NumbersUSA or CAPS? Both groups are against illegal immigration and will send you "action alerts" which allow you to fax your rep and/or senators about this issue. It doesn't cost anything to join either group but if you donate to them, it is tax deductable.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:21 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,722,976 times
I try to stay away from all organizations. They say they want your opinion but always end up asking for money. I am learning not to send money to anybody because they tell their friends and you get five requests for money the next day. I have 8 grandchildren and ten or 11 great grandchildren. I am sure they can use any money I don't need. The way the USA is going, they will probably need it too.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:16 PM

22,586 posts, read 12,156,285 times
I get where you're coming from. However, I see these groups as giving those of us who are against illegal immigration a voice. Sure, they want money but it's not required to donate in order to use their "action alerts".

Yes, if we keep going the way we are currently going, I, too, worry about what the future will hold for my grandkids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration