Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 07:09 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times

Advertisements

"As soon as they raise their hand and say, 'I'm unlawfully present in the United States,' we're not going take your oath into the military, but we're going to take your deposition and we have a bus for you to Tijuana," he told Breitbart News. "That's the law."

Steve King To Dreamers Who Want To Join Military: 'We Have A Bus For You To Tijuana'

I'm def Ok with doing just that since these people ARE illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 08:34 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
"As soon as they raise their hand and say, 'I'm unlawfully present in the United States,' we're not going take your oath into the military, but we're going to take your deposition and we have a bus for you to Tijuana," he told Breitbart News. "That's the law."

Steve King To Dreamers Who Want To Join Military: 'We Have A Bus For You To Tijuana'

I'm def Ok with doing just that since these people ARE illegal aliens.
I'm OK with it too, but I don't like his choice of words. Not all illegals are from Mexico.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:37 PM

161 posts, read 172,152 times
I don't like the fact that he compared kids to drug mules.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:47 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
I don't like the fact that kids are sometimes used as drug mules.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:31 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I don't like the fact that kids are sometimes used as drug mules.
From what I have read this is true. Of course that's not saying that the majority are.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:58 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Its quite apropos. Dopers use kids to mule their dope because minors don't get slapped in court.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:55 PM

424 posts, read 594,058 times
I think if they're ready and willing to join the US military, can read and write English proficiently enough to take the ASVAB, let them do it. Give them a 10 year contract with no bonus and keep it moving, under the condition that if they get discharged with anything less than Honorable that they're citizenship will e revoked.

The US is doing this same sort've thing with people in the Middle East that "help" the US, and without them having to do any hard military time under contract.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:15 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
I am against it. We are downsizing our military and have absolutely no need for illegals.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:42 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I am against it. We are downsizing our military and have absolutely no need for illegals.
I agree. Are we supposed to bend the rules for them since if one is an illegal alien they can't join our military now? As you said, since we are downsizing it means less opportunities for our own youth to join the military. Jobs are scarce and college is very expensive so many of our own youth are joining the military for those reasons.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:02 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I agree. Are we supposed to bend the rules for them since if one is an illegal alien they can't join our military now? As you said, since we are downsizing it means less opportunities for our own youth to join the military. Jobs are scarce and college is very expensive so many of our own youth are joining the military for those reasons.
Yup. Gone are the days when the military was lax on its own standards when recruiting. We do not need such a large standing military and we have been letting some of the wrong kinds of people in anyway. One of my relatives is married to an active duty Marine officer. Boy, the stories HE can tell about some of the military members he's known. Even the Marines have let their standards slip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration