Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 11:12 PM

158 posts, read 228,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Because they foolishly believe that it will garner more of the Hispanic vote. It's sick when any of our politicians would cater to any group for votes when it isn't in the best interests of this nation.
Yes, it's nothing but pandering. The executive director of the republican party Virginia does nothing in the video but lecture these people! He invites them and then doesn't even give them a chance to say anything. What a jerk. Apparently he has no idea how illegal immigrants have lowered the wages for our most vulnerable citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 02:49 AM

98 posts, read 95,531 times
Not really surprising he would't be the only republican or conservative that supported illegal aliens. It's not like Reagan didn't want amnesty passed or Bush 41 didn't try and pass it either. Politicians pander to their base or pander who they think their future base will be. O well after this amnesty get's passed in a few years well have millions of more illegal aliens demanding citizenship and more rights. Some will even say it's like civil rights movement (which I can only shake my head and wonder how anyone could that ignorant an uninformed).

Old 04-06-2014, 03:52 AM

318 posts, read 639,777 times
John McCain is a big supporter of amnesty for Illegals, yet he only got 30 percent of the Hispanic vote when he ran for president.

No pro-amnesty Republican presidential candidate will ever win the majority of the Hispanic vote in a national election. This I am 100% sure of.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:58 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,923,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Rusev View Post
John McCain is a big supporter of amnesty for Illegals, yet he only got 30 percent of the Hispanic vote when he ran for president.

No pro-amnesty Republican presidential candidate will ever win the majority of the Hispanic vote in a national election. This I am 100% sure of.
Agreed.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:04 PM

161 posts, read 172,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I'm half-Hispanic and find it insulting to be stereotyped by both parties as someone who only cares about amnesty for illegal aliens and wanting open borders.

The thing is this --- any politician who attempts to pander to me in this way is going to lose my vote!

The RNC called our house and wanted us to join. I gave them an earful about this issue. The person I talked to said that I wasn't the first one to tell him these things. Yet, he still tried to get our money by saying it was needed to fight against amnesty for illegals! I told him that when I see a statement from the RNC saying that they are against amnesty, then we'll talk. Until then, I would never consider joining the RNC!
That's a damn shame, usually people that are half and act like this are those that have some sort of issue with that parent, usually the lack of a father figure, but it can be the mom too. Well, a person can be angry with hispanics, illegals, whatever you want to call them, but you are what you are, and trying to refuse your culture won't change that, nor will it change their kids.

Old 04-06-2014, 04:50 PM

63,014 posts, read 29,216,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
That's a damn shame, usually people that are half and act like this are those that have some sort of issue with that parent, usually the lack of a father figure, but it can be the mom too. Well, a person can be angry with hispanics, illegals, whatever you want to call them, but you are what you are, and trying to refuse your culture won't change that, nor will it change their kids.
Maybe it's a good idea to re-examine one's culture and/or conscience if it tells them that defending illegal aliens is acceptable and calling anyone who disagrees a series of nasty labels.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:30 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,771,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Thank you. Politicians on both sides of the aisle start shaking in their boots when the words "the Hispanic vote" are uttered. That's both ridiculous and uninformed! Last presidential election, the Hispanic vote amounted to 10% of the voting bloc---and most of them voted for democrats. When all is said and done, the Hispanic vote doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

Several years ago, the town of Herndon, VA had a mayoral election coming up. The current mayor angered the majority of Herndon residents because he ignored their wishes and opened a day labor center funded by the taxpayers. Groups like LULAC said that they were going to go door-to-door and register Hispanics to vote. It was a total flop. Most Hispanics they talked to were either illegal aliens or were legal immigrants that weren't US citizens. All totalled, they only signed up a few people.

The election was held on May Day, the day when illegals all over the country tossed tantrums and demanded amnesty. A group in Herndon stood at a busy intersection demanding amnesty. Well...it back fired on them. People who drove by and saw this, went to the polls and voted the incumbent mayor out! This election made the national news.

I tell this story because most of our politicians are idiots. If they did their research and stopped listening to that racist, supremacist group, La Raza, they would find that most people are against amnesty and that the Hispanic voting bloc is not as big as they think. Nor is it a monolith that thinks alike and wants amnesty.
Fully agreed. I also live in NoVA and find it utterly disgraceful that some in the GOP in VA are in support of amnesty.

However, hearing that Howie Lind is fully opposed to it is refreshing but of course it is a continuation of both parties trying to buy votes based on race.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:47 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,923,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Really? Seriously? I'm of probably 100 percent "Irish" family and there are many things about Ireland from 100 years ago that don't fly with me in 2014 like the heavy drinking, brawling and so on. Too; a LOT of the good Irish culture is NOW part of "Anglo Saxon" culture here in the US. Some parts of "Mexican" culture are good like the food, arts and so on. Mexico can KEEP its bullfighting, drug cartels, hooliganism and so on.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:30 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,676,669 times
Democrats enforce only laws they like and bend the ones they don't like until they do like them- like Dream Act!

Old 04-07-2014, 12:58 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,660,399 times
Amazing that our elected officials will stoop down this low , applaud illegal aliens in this country just to get a vote. That right there is not doing whats right for the country and citizens but whats right for the politicians pockets and votes. When will the people in this country wake up and realize this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration