Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2014, 08:17 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,933,975 times

Advertisements

My name is Isaias Vasquez and I'm an immigrant leader, and Coloradan by heart. I was born to a family of farmers in Zacatecas, Mexico. After NAFTA was enacted and corn became cheaper to import from the U.S., we were no longer able to sustain ourselves. We left our cornfields behind for Colorado 14 years ago with the idea of a better and safer future. I was only eight. I am now privileged to be a college student and to have received temporary relief from deportation under the Deferred Action for Early Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. However, my parents, to whom I owe everything for their act of love, were not eligible.

On Immigration, Colorado Is Ahead of Rep. Cory Gardner*|*Isaias Vasquez

Vasquez: we don't owe you or your illegal alien kind a thing. Go home!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 08:32 PM

63,069 posts, read 29,269,982 times
They never blame their parents for their predicament instead it is deemed an act of love. Kids learn from their parent's behavior and being taught to break laws to get what you want in spite of the negative impact it has on others is not something I would teach my kids.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:49 PM

22,513 posts, read 12,061,154 times
Yes, these DREAMers were raised without a moral compass. Their parents taught them that if you can't get something legally or are too impatient to wait your turn, just come here anyway.

Still it's laughable that he thinks Obama is deporting so many illegal aliens. Even if it were true, that's what should happen to each and every illegal alien. They have no business being here.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:00 AM

26,024 posts, read 22,219,795 times
In the US, if you have broken laws, it is common to have that worry that you will be held accountable. It is just the standard so I don't see why any one group of individuals that have broken the law should be exempted from that fear. We all know the possibilities that we face when we break the law so you weigh whether or not it is worth it and then, taking personal responsibility, you deal with it. Everyday I see what illegal immigration has done to this city where we moved to in 2012 and having a son attend college here almost 20 years ago, I get an even better picture of what happens over time and it isn't pretty! There are consequences for breaking the laws as there should be and I plan to continue to advocate that the laws be enforced with examples of what the damage is for those that are more immune from the effects.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:06 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,897,954 times
Default Bad Decisions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
My name is Isaias Vasquez and I'm an immigrant leader, and Coloradan by heart. I was born to a family of farmers in Zacatecas, Mexico. After NAFTA was enacted and corn became cheaper to import from the U.S., we were no longer able to sustain ourselves. We left our cornfields behind for Colorado 14 years ago with the idea of a better and safer future. I was only eight. I am now privileged to be a college student and to have received temporary relief from deportation under the Deferred Action for Early Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. However, my parents, to whom I owe everything for their act of love, were not eligible.

Yes go home. Your Parents made the decision to make the crossing and now its time to pay the Piper! By the way if you do not call America as your first home you should return to Mexico!

Your exception was don by Executive Order. It will be soon this order will be reversed.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:43 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,661,749 times
Makes me sick , we need to deport anyone that thanks illegals are okay to come here.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:17 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,754,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post

God bless this man...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration