Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 11:03 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,478,082 times

Advertisements

Undocumented Immigrants Prep In Advance For California Driver's Test | Fox News Latino

From the article...

Quote:
After Nevada's high failure rate, immigrants have been urged to start preparing for the written test early.

"We didn't want to wait to the last minute," said Berenice Díaz Ceballos, consul of Mexico in Oxnard. She said her office has been holding information sessions about what prospective applicants should do to prepare, and has seen an uptick in requests for passports and consular ID cards, which may be required for the new licenses.
I wonder if Ms. Ceballos thinks Americans should be eligible for driver's licenses in Mexico?

Also, I just love how they use the term "immigrants," implying that these are legal immigrants. And this is from Fox!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2014, 12:09 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,953,863 times
This is one reason I choose to not watch Fox anything........they have fallen very close in line with CNN and not representing news correctly. They avoid all kinds of immigrant issues just the same.

I'm with you and with my license can I drive around and purchase property?

Old 04-27-2014, 12:47 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,921,704 times
I just hope people wake up soon and say enough is ENOUGH!

Old 04-27-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I believe Americans are awake, it's just how do we stop the people in charge using others as voting pawns? Talk about a new kind of slave and we have no power to stop it.

Immigration

Why are seasonal workers now able to become citizens. What is wrong with waiting on the Mexico side and doing it like others do??

Old 04-27-2014, 02:19 PM

22,486 posts, read 12,032,914 times
I agree that some Americans are awake.

However, not enough have woken up. For example, why aren't we seeing the kind of push back from Americans that we see from the invasion cheerleaders and reconquistas?

For some Americans, the problems that illegal aliens cause has yet to affect them. These people are oblivious or willfully ignorant.

For example, I know a person who runs a landscape architecture business. For years, she was successful. However, now in her area, sleazy businesses are cropping up and these sleazy businesses use illegal alien labor and pay them under the table. Thus, they are able to undercut her because she runs her business by the book. For a long time, I've been pointing out to her the harm illegals cause to this country and she always felt bad for illegals. Now, she is waking up and seeing exactly what I'm talking about!

I'm afraid that when the majority of Americans finally wake up, it will be too late to undo the damage

Old 04-27-2014, 02:25 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,921,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I agree that some Americans are awake.

However, not enough have woken up. For example, why aren't we seeing the kind of push back from Americans that we see from the invasion cheerleaders and reconquistas?

For some Americans, the problems that illegal aliens cause has yet to affect them. These people are oblivious or willfully ignorant.

For example, I know a person who runs a landscape architecture business. For years, she was successful. However, now in her area, sleazy businesses are cropping up and these sleazy businesses use illegal alien labor and pay them under the table. Thus, they are able to undercut her because she runs her business by the book. For a long time, I've been pointing out to her the harm illegals cause to this country and she always felt bad for illegals. Now, she is waking up and seeing exactly what I'm talking about!

I'm afraid that when the majority of Americans finally wake up, it will be too late to undo the damage
Too late or the pushback WILL be bad, very bad and the cops won't be able to stop the hardheads on both sides from rioting.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:24 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,385,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I think most Americans do not support this massive immigration, legal and illegal, but it doesn't matter. The elites in both parties, but especially the democrats, want this. The elites get what the elites want.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:29 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,660,258 times
So i am curious as to what happens if an illegal immigrant gets into an accident and causes a fatality ?

Old 04-28-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
So i am curious as to what happens if an illegal immigrant gets into an accident and causes a fatality ?
My guess, the immigrant moves back to their country and American taxpayers and those involved pay the price and damage. Allowing people to be here to only give them voting rights, is not a good enough reason to put all of us in danger on the roads.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:58 PM

302 posts, read 474,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post

This happens all the time in Colorado. They try to run back south of the border. They are rarely punished as severely as a legal citizen would be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration