Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should drunk driving be a deportable offense?
Absolutely 60 84.51%
Depends on the circumstances 9 12.68%
Nope 2 2.82%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2024, 12:38 PM

35,057 posts, read 31,266,455 times

Advertisements

If the person is here legally, I don't think this should be a deportable offense at all. They should be subjected to the same penalties as a sensitive, nothing more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2024, 04:48 PM

2,637 posts, read 1,173,205 times
As far as I am concerned even legal Americans should be sent to Mexico to teach them a lesson.

Old 02-14-2024, 05:37 PM

23,212 posts, read 29,023,557 times
And what about the other "drunks" that will never get caught? I'm talking about sleep deprived drivers who are equally as dangerous as drunk drivers?

Old 02-14-2024, 06:02 PM

25,943 posts, read 22,094,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
As far as I am concerned even legal Americans should be sent to Mexico to teach them a lesson.
I had a friend when I was in Tucson, who was Mexican American. Yes, that would take care of the problem. At that time, she said they made them work in the salt mines, and by the time they got out, they pretty much died fairly soon from that work. Hey, maybe that is why the criminals don't want to "asylum" there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
And what about the other "drunks" that will never get caught? I'm talking about sleep deprived drivers who are equally as dangerous as drunk drivers?
That really isn't what we are talking about. As you know, I would hope, not everyone that commits a crime or breaks a law gets caught. "Luck of the draw".

We are talking about illegal aliens, do you have a problem with them driving while sleep deprived in your city? If they are causing accidents, and illegal, they should get their butts deported anyway.

Every single illegal alien should be deported, and they shouldn't have to harm a citizen, drive drunk, murder, steal, sell drugs, rape......... well, even then it doesn't matter anymore, so just kick their butts back across the border, and seal it shut! No crime necessary for a bus ticket to THEIR home.

Old 02-14-2024, 06:18 PM

16,551 posts, read 8,589,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monello View Post
I have to imagine that there really isn't much to debate on this topic.

Yet 150 elected officials voted AGAINST this bill. As usual, the party that coddles criminals are the only folks that opposed this legislation.

link about the bill

2nd link

drink all you want
Where is MADD in this madness?

I never thought of MADD as political because booze and drugged up drivers kill (D's), (R's), and everyone in between.
Yet when Pelosi's husband was arrested for DUI and later basically given a pass, they were not vocal at all.

Heck look no further than so called women's groups who gave Slick Willey (aka Bill Clinton) a pass, and only in recent times during the "Me Too" movement give some mild criticism, way too late, and way too irrelevant.
While they were keen and on the scene against Judge Kavanagh and Trump, they ignored or at least overlooked claims by women/girls against Biden.

So are they the ultimate hypocrites, willing to turn a blind eye for ideological/political reasons disregarding their core mission?

Old 02-14-2024, 08:27 PM

3,356 posts, read 1,232,489 times
Wish we could deport American idiots who choose to drink and drive.

Old 02-15-2024, 06:43 AM

1,215 posts, read 504,710 times
We need to deport Americans who hijack soccer fifa threads with by inserting rail streetcar garbage. We need a prison island, built a rail loop, and put retards on the rail with iphones and avacodo toast.

Old 02-15-2024, 07:11 AM

674 posts, read 333,685 times
I'm a Democrat but I'm in favor of this. Not driving drunk is very easy: don't drink and drive. Driving drunk is a conscious choice and that choice should have severe consequences.

Old 02-15-2024, 07:48 AM

30,141 posts, read 11,770,405 times
I know of two American citizens married to Mexican Nationals, here legally with green cards who were deported because of DUI's. So I believe it already happens.

Old 02-15-2024, 07:54 AM

4,190 posts, read 2,502,595 times
Yes, it should be deportable. The GOP could have added this to the immigration bill they killed. In the end, they aren't serious and are only playing for political theater.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration