Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2024, 09:43 AM

63,001 posts, read 29,203,719 times

Advertisements

Former President Donald Trump's vow for mass deportations of illegal immigrants has garnered some controversy from some activists, but a new poll shows it is popular among most adults.

An Axios Vibes poll released on Thursday found that 51% of adults support mass deportations of illegal immigrants.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...2cf77210&ei=23

Not an overwhelming majority only a slight one but it's encouraging anyway. Prior to Biden's presidency the poll may have been very different considering the number of bleeding hearts in our country and those with an ethnic based and cheap labor agenda.

Old 04-25-2024, 11:41 AM

982 posts, read 1,062,332 times
All Biden had to do, as a President following Trump, is not stir the pot...not give enlugh Americans a reason to despise him.

With his view on illegal immigration, he has given enough Americans to despise him and it WILL cost him the election.

Not because Trump is a better candidate but because the fact that 80% of Americans immigration and want they bring to our Country (we are all immigrants after all) but they want it under control and not a lawless political football.

As someone who lives in Texas it is beyond out of control right now.

Old 04-25-2024, 05:42 PM

11,844 posts, read 5,823,197 times
Our ancestors may have immigrated but we are not immigrants - not to hard to understand - if you were born in the US - you are not an immigrant.

What I find fascinating is that 42% of Democrats say they'd support mass deportations of the undocumented.

Old 04-25-2024, 05:43 PM
Status: "I Choose Freedom Over Democracy!" (set 6 days ago)

1,328 posts, read 662,174 times
The BidenMigrantCrimewave alone should be enough to cost him the election but we can't underestimate voter ignorance and stupidity..

Old 04-26-2024, 10:32 AM

36,577 posts, read 30,915,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Former President Donald Trump's vow for mass deportations of illegal immigrants has garnered some controversy from some activists, but a new poll shows it is popular among most adults.

An Axios Vibes poll released on Thursday found that 51% of adults support mass deportations of illegal immigrants.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...2cf77210&ei=23

Not an overwhelming majority only a slight one but it's encouraging anyway. Prior to Biden's presidency the poll may have been very different considering the number of bleeding hearts in our country and those with an ethnic based and cheap labor agenda.
I live in red country so everyone I know supports Trump's immigration policy.

Old 04-27-2024, 08:08 PM

14,058 posts, read 13,967,907 times
I predicted there be big increase in migration or people rushing toward the border in fear of Trump winning the election in 2024. People going try to get their documents and legal status very quickly.

Old 04-28-2024, 01:57 PM

14,343 posts, read 11,738,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
If you were born here you didn't immigrate from anywhere. You are a native born American. Even ethnic NAs origionally came from elsewhere.

Any of our ancestors who did immigrate did it the right way, and didn't break our laws by doing so. What the illegals are doing is NOT immigration, but it IS an invasion. We are, or at least were a Nation of Law, and Order not chaos.
My most recent immigrant ancestors were great-grandparents in the 1880s. My husband, however, is first-generation American as both of his parents were immigrants (father was a German citizen; mother a Brazilian citizen). They immigrated legally and were law-abiding, tax-paying, small-business-owning residents for the next 60 years.

And by the way, I have never known anyone who was more angry and bitter about illegal immigration than those two legal immigrants.

Old 04-28-2024, 02:18 PM

10,242 posts, read 6,333,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
My grandparents came here in the early 1900's and became citizens of this country. Therefore their offspring (my parents) were not immigrants and I was born here to so I am not an immigrant. My parents and myself were native born citizens.
Did your grandparents have to show their Passports or have Visas to come here legally back in those days???? If they made it to the US, however, they were welcomed as long as their weren't sick and carrying a contagious disease. Did not have to know any ENGLISH either.

You do not have to be born on US soil to be a US Citizen either. My neighbor was serving in the Military in Germany when he met and married a German woman. Their son was born in Germany. He is a US Citizen through his Dad, and a German Citizen born on their soil, and through his German Mom. Some people want to end Birthright Citizenship as well. No Anchor Babies.

I became a certified Genealogist back in the 70s. Learned about all these situations long time ago doing research. Different Countries have different rules. My great-grandpa, who migrated from Italy, never became a Naturalized US Citizen, thereby renouncing his Italian Citizenship. By "sanguine" his family are Italian citizens,, even born on US soil, up to the 4th generation which would be me.

Old 04-28-2024, 02:44 PM

14,343 posts, read 11,738,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Some people want to end Birthright Citizenship as well. No Anchor Babies.
I agree that there should be some limits to birthright citizenship. Although it may have made sense when the country was founded, it doesn't today. At the very least, one parent should be a legal US resident. No sneaking across the border illegally and delivering a baby that instantly qualifies for US citizenship and all the associated benefits. That's really ridiculous. If I pop over to Japan or Switzerland on a sightseeing trip and deliver a baby, that baby would not be a Japanese or Swiss citizen, nor should it be.

Quote:
My great-grandpa, who migrated from Italy, never became a Naturalized US Citizen, thereby renouncing his Italian Citizenship. By "sanguine" his family are Italian citizens,, even born on US soil, up to the 4th generation which would be me.
Italy is generous that way.

My husband and his brother were born in the US but both eligible to become German citizens because their father was still a German citizen when they were born. My brother-in-law applied for and got a German passport as a young adult, so he is a dual citizen. And his children, though born in Germany, have both US and German passports.

However, my husband never got his German passport. And so our kids are unfortunately not eligible for German citizenship because Germany doesn't recognize foreign-born grandchildren, only children.

Old 04-28-2024, 03:45 PM

23,747 posts, read 12,615,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Did your grandparents have to show their Passports or have Visas to come here legally back in those days???? If they made it to the US, however, they were welcomed as long as their weren't sick and carrying a contagious disease. Did not have to know any ENGLISH either.
Why do people always insist on bringing up the old days? Back when land and jobs were plentiful, and there were no freebies and people either had to work or starve to death. Health wasn't the only reason people were denied entry. Among other things that got people denied, there were limits on how many could come in from any one country...reach that limit and all others from that country were denied.(a pity we don't have that now)

Back them people coming here were eager to assimilate and most learned English.

Quote:

You do not have to be born on US soil to be a US Citizen either. My neighbor was serving in the Military in Germany when he met and married a German woman. Their son was born in Germany. He is a US Citizen through his Dad, and a German Citizen born on their soil, and through his German Mom. Some people want to end Birthright Citizenship as well. No Anchor Babies.
Cool story but a child born of at least one citizen is a citizen at birth not an anchor baby, and no one is trying to change that.

Quote:
I became a certified Genealogist back in the 70s. Learned about all these situations long time ago doing research. Different Countries have different rules. My great-grandpa, who migrated from Italy, never became a Naturalized US Citizen, thereby renouncing his Italian Citizenship. By "sanguine" his family are Italian citizens,, even born on US soil, up to the 4th generation which would be me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration