Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 09:00 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,557,297 times

Advertisements

Only in America can an illegal alien receive not only “emergency” medical care, but “free” prenatal and postnatal care…..and receive the “bonus” of U.S. citizenship for their newborn anchor baby. What a deal!

The 14th Amendment is being manipulated and abused to the max.

Quote:
Such births and associated expenses account for more than $400 million of the nearly $1 billion that the program spends each year on healthcare for illegal immigrants in California, documents and reports show. Only about a dozen other states extend similar benefits to illegal immigrants, according to health and immigrant rights groups.
Delivering dual benefits - Los Angeles Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 09:14 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,406,297 times
Quote:
Now her boy was in intensive care at Women's and Children's Hospital at Los Angeles County USC Medical Center. With his future -- and her own recovery -- on her mind, Andrade, 36, was relieved to be spared at least one worry: Who would pay for their care.

She'd been without private insurance since the premiums became too costly. But a friend assured her that, even as an illegal immigrant from Colombia, she would qualify for Medi-Cal, the state and federal health insurance program for the poor.

Andrade, a clothing exporter, is one of more than 100,000 undocumented women each year who bear children in California with expenses paid by Medi-Cal, according to state reports. They now account for about one in five births.

Regardless of their parents' status, the children are American citizens by law.

Many illegal immigrants who might otherwise shy away from government services view care associated with childbirth as something they can safely seek, a protected right.

"I wasn't afraid at all," said Andrade, who came to the United States with her daughters on a tourist visa and stayed here with her boyfriend after it expired. "I'd always heard that pregnant women are treated well here."
Wow . . .at what point does this insanity end . . .???

Old 07-09-2008, 09:54 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Only in America can an illegal alien receive not only “emergency” medical care, but “free” prenatal and postnatal care…..and receive the “bonus” of U.S. citizenship for their newborn anchor baby. What a deal!

The 14th Amendment is being manipulated and abused to the max.

Delivering dual benefits - Los Angeles Times
Disgusting.

Too bad the pro illegals did not attempt additional mass protests this past May--------such insolence many have been the 'nudge' to terminate birthright citizenship for US born kids whose parents are both illegal immigrants.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:09 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,776,641 times
"Andrade, a clothing exporter, is one of more than 100,000 undocumented women each year who bear children in California with expenses paid by Medi-Cal, according to state reports. They now account for about one in five births."

One in five births is given by an illegal each year at the expense of American taxpayers. But that's not all. You pay for their children's education too. You pay for their time in jail if they commit crimes and go to prison. The list goes on and on. I know many Americans have had it, but some are still afraid being labeled racists by the invaders and their supporters to speak out. How many more illegals and how much more money before you scream, "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

Last edited by davidt1; 07-09-2008 at 10:45 AM..

Old 07-09-2008, 12:31 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
"Andrade, a clothing exporter, is one of more than 100,000 undocumented women each year who bear children in California with expenses paid by Medi-Cal, according to state reports. They now account for about one in five births."

One in five births is given by an illegal each year at the expense of American taxpayers. But that's not all. You pay for their children's education too. You pay for their time in jail if they commit crimes and go to prison. The list goes on and on. I know many Americans have had it, but some are still afraid being labeled racists by the invaders and their supporters to speak out. How many more illegals and how much more money before you scream, "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"
Let the pro illegals and uninformed Bleeding Hearts call me a racist----------anymore, I do not even care.

BTW: if we were being overrun by illegal immigrant Nordic White Swedes jabbering in their indigenous language; I would definitely want 'em all tossed out---------and, I look like one of them.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:57 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,605 times
Why does the 14th ammendment need to be changed? Aren't you the same crowd who are for enforcement of the current laws on the book? So i say enforce the 14th ammendment and make every baby born on the soil of the U.S citizens.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:33 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Why does the 14th ammendment need to be changed? Aren't you the same crowd who are for enforcement of the current laws on the book? So i say enforce the 14th ammendment and make every baby born on the soil of the U.S citizens.
The 14th Amendment doesn't need to be changed, it just needs to be interpreted in line with the intent of it's authors. In 1866, Senator Jacob Howard clearly spelled out the intent of the 14th Amendment by stating:

"Every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons. It settles the great question of citizenship and removes all doubt as to what persons are or are not citizens of the United States. This has long been a great desideratum in the jurisprudence and legislation of this country."

This understanding was reaffirmed by Senator Edward Cowan, who stated:

"[A foreigner in the United States] has a right to the protection of the laws; but he is not a citizen in the ordinary acceptance of the word..."

The phrase "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" was intended to exclude American-born persons from automatic citizenship whose allegiance to the United States was not complete. With illegal aliens who are unlawfully in the United States, their native country has a claim of allegiance on the child. Thus, the completeness of their allegiance to the United States is impaired, which therefore precludes automatic citizenship.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:34 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,117,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post

Ok, and then while were at it, let's deport those that violate our immigration laws.

DEAL!

Old 07-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 23 days ago)

27,636 posts, read 16,118,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Let the pro illegals and uninformed Bleeding Hearts call me a racist----------anymore, I do not even care.

BTW: if we were being overrun by illegal immigrant Nordic White Swedes jabbering in their indigenous language; I would definitely want 'em all tossed out---------and, I look like one of them.
And I'll bet our resident pro illegals would be changing there tune.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:48 PM

219 posts, read 425,210 times
I WASN'T AFRAID AT ALL’: Sandra Andrade, an illegal immigrant, holds her son Santiago. “I’d always heard that pregnant women are treated well here,” she said. Andrade’s son spent 10 days in an incubator at a cost of about $3,000 a day.

I bet she "heard" that pregnant women were treated well here. That is why she is here! The boy spent 10 days in the incubator at $3,000/day! That is $30,000 and does not even include the rest of her bill Physician, room, supplies, etc.!!!!!!! What???????

She'd been without private insurance since the premiums became too costly.

I bet she had private insurance. BS!!!!!! She had to lose insurance because it become to expensive *tears rolling down my cheeks* here they go trying to pursuade readers we need socialized health care!

Last edited by AnnaGrrrrrl; 07-09-2008 at 01:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration