Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 09:04 PM

45 posts, read 69,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveInIndiana View Post
I love it in Jackson County Indiana! My wife and I moved here back in 1993 from Alexandria Virginia - close enough to touch the capital beltway. We left sky-high rents, ugly commutes, awful prices in the grocery stores, and a nice condo community with a gun-point holdup less than 500 yards away. My wife got a job in Seymour and it was truly a gift from God that we were able to get here!
People are kind, friendly, and polite most of the time. We have good schools and kids that stay in them. We have a great hospital that is not more than 20 minutes away from even the farthest point in the county. I-65 is near our eastern border and after driving 60 minutes you can be in Indianapolis or Louisville for all the "big city" stuff you think you need.
In Seymour we have "rush minute" - nothing at all like a typical "rush hour" of other cities. Our biggest traffic annoyance - when you get to the 4-way stop and you and the guy on the other side are waving for the other to go ahead!! I've NEVER seen anyone flash a finger at anyone and horns are very very rare! We have a few good restaurants and a theatre, a Home Depot and several small and very helpful hardware stores. We have many small curio/homespun stores. We have everything we want and nothing we don't want. If we want anything else, we journey the 60 minutes or shop online.
This is a beautiful place to live. It's a good place for work too and our low unemployment rate is the envy of the state.
So ....MICHAL... I'm sad that you detest living here and that you don't have time to explain. Maybe you need to go back to "rush-rush-rush" California. I'd rather relax and enjoy this great place I live, Brownstown, Indiana - well actually inbetween Seymour and Brownstown off of Hwy 50.
I'd be happy to go point for point against anyone who thinks Seymour-Brownstown-Jackson County is a bad place to live; because I believe it's about the best place in my life I've ever lived!! I grew up as a Navy brat; my dad was 27yr career Navy man and believe me; I've lived in many places from Norfolk VA to Ewa Beach Hawaii and points inbetween. Jackson County tops them all!
I realize this is an old post but I just gotta say, Steve I love your positive attitude! It seems like most people are very consumed worrying about what they don't have. It's great to see someone who is clearly grateful for what he does have! Good for you, man!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 07:34 PM

2 posts, read 2,904 times
I'm a newcomer in Bloomington, and I love it.

Old 02-04-2015, 02:42 PM

11 posts, read 9,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami.Z View Post
I'm a newcomer in Bloomington, and I love it.
Our family of 5 relocated to Carmel from San Diego last December and it was one of the best life decisions we ever made. We don't have to pay an arm and a leg to afford the middle class lifestyle. Our taxes are a drop in the bucket compared to California and the schools are fantastic. Plus it brings peace of mind knowing we aren't going to run out of water here.
The next goal for us is to get more of our family to move out here.

Old 02-07-2015, 07:21 PM

1 posts, read 975 times
Thoughts on relocating our family of 5 to Evansville/Newburgh, IN from Phoenix, AZ. I notice others from CA where I am originally from (San Diego) Visited once last month...hard to tell. Everyone seems to know everyone, and have gone to high school and or college together. Is it hard for an outsider to fit in? Worried about losing our outside lifestyle here, easy walkability to schools, parks, shopping, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana