Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 07:04 PM

3,004 posts, read 5,156,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
gr--I suspect the poster didn't know how to properly quote and intended the comment for a different poster. Just my case based upon the posting history.

No one I know wants to live in Indianapolis so I guess that means it's only a nice place to visit.

Ischryos--good points and valid argument. It's logical and rationale and not based upon everyone you know and don't know.
Funny, i work remotely so i don't have to live here, i choose to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 07:17 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,522,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
funny, i work remotely so i don't have to live here, i choose to.
+1

Old 02-16-2013, 01:51 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,748,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocaseco View Post
wow, do your parents know you are on the internet?
brg?

Old 02-18-2013, 06:19 PM

218 posts, read 463,386 times
Demographia as a website is known for being very, very anti-planning and very pro-sprawl, FWIW.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:59 AM

486 posts, read 864,442 times
I suppose that it's good news for Indiana but why do people call it the "fly over state?" There are positives and negatives
to every state and city. I think one of the benefits of living in Indiana is the low cost of living. This is a good thing but then
it is negative in the sense if someone wanted to move to another state there's sticker shock when a person see's the cost
of housing, rent, insurance, etc... in other states.
Since I've been to Indy many times, I find that city confusing i.e. 465 in particular. The first time I went there and still when
I go, that circular freeway too confusing. Sorry BRG, what I see in Indy is an overabundance of strip malls and shopping
centers. I see plots of land and wonder what was there before and what kind of building did they tear down to put up
some business that I see in "anywhere USA." For example, Broadripple is very nice but it's a small area. What would it be
like if so much wasn't removed?

Old 02-25-2013, 08:03 AM

3,892 posts, read 5,522,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by key4lp View Post
I suppose that it's good news for Indiana but why do people call it the "fly over state?" There are positives and negatives
to every state and city. I think one of the benefits of living in Indiana is the low cost of living. This is a good thing but then
it is negative in the sense if someone wanted to move to another state there's sticker shock when a person see's the cost
Since I've been to Indy many times, I find that city confusing i.e. 465 in particular. The first time I went there and still when
I go, that circular freeway too confusing. Sorry BRG, what I see in Indy is an overabundance of strip malls and shopping
centers. I see plots of land and wonder what was there before and what kind of building did they tear down to put up
some business that I see in "anywhere USA." For example, Broadripple is very nice but it's a small area. What would it be
Downtown Indianapolis is where its at and I-465 isnt confusing. Not everyone is good at maps like me but still a circle isnt that hard to understand.
Anyway Downtown Indianapolis does have chains. But also lots of local non-chain resturants/shops etc.
the Indianapolis Colts Grille/St Elmo's *omg to die for steak*/The Resturant ontop of the Hyatt Regency etc.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:36 AM

Yes, I know about some of the places you mentioned and yes they are nice. Sure St. Elmo's is great but you can't
dine there frequently, it's expensive. The advantage of a big city is that it offers a variety of choices. That also includes
mom and pop places with that unique character minus the huge price tag. There's also Shapiro's Deli but again when you
look around that block only 3-4 original buildings remain. Even Shapiro's which does have one of the best corned beef
sandwiches around, the price is more than I would have to pay in NY or Chicago.
Regarding I-465, even though I'm great at directions, I always have to use a device if I want to venture off somewhere
different. I've been to so many different cities all over & I can go back and still know how to get
around except in Indy and Elkhart.
I can tell that you love Indy and are very proud of it. That's a good thing.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:46 AM

8,985 posts, read 17,318,935 times
Quote:
People call of the Midwest flyover country, not just Indiana.

Broad Ripple is nice, downtown Indianapolis is nice. My favorite thing about them, is clueless people are directed there and the real places in Indianapolis are left unbothered. People who complain about the strip malls and chains in Indianapolis, are people who have not explored Indianapolis.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:39 AM

Please tell us where they are. I am sincerely interested.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:08 AM

8,985 posts, read 17,318,935 times
Quote:
Please tell us where they are. I am sincerely interested.
Bluebeard
Santorini Greek Kitchen
Legend Cafe
Papa Roux - bonus, they ditched Pepsi soda for a locally produced soda. It is quite tasty.
Gaslight Inn
John's Famous Stew
Mama Carolla's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana