Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2006, 09:08 PM

4 posts, read 13,071 times

Advertisements

My family and I may move to Evansville IN soon and I have a few questions. From what I've found, crime is low, the cost of living is low and large houses are very affordable. What's your honest opinion on this area? Dayton was another option but after reading about the high crime, we've changed our minds. So would you raise your family in Evansville?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2006, 01:24 PM

3 posts, read 24,368 times
My husband grew up in Evansville and still has family there. We live about an hour from there now. I suppose in answer to your question, it would all depend upon what area of Evansville you live in. Like any other town, large or small, there are nicer areas and not so nice areas. That goes for the crime rate, as well as housing. Of course, housing rates are a lot higher in the nicer areas. We were amazed when we were thinking about moving to Evansville about 6 years ago that the going rate in Evansville for a house like ours was more than 3 times what we could get for it in our area. Needless to say, there was no way we could sale our home here and afford a suitable one there, so here we still are. LOL

Evansville has a lot to offer in the way of shopping, restaurants, and culture. Its growing in leaps and bounds, too. There are at least 3 colleges in the town, and from what I understand there are many good jobs in the area, too.

If you would like to chat with people who live there, or just read what they are posting, you might try this cafe group. There are a lot of good people there who will be more than happy to answer questions:

removed

I hope this gives you some help. :-)

Last edited by Marka; 11-13-2006 at 02:25 AM.. Reason: read the rules, please

Old 11-11-2006, 07:33 PM

4 posts, read 13,071 times
Default Thanks

Thanks you, I'll will try the forum.

Old 11-27-2006, 01:18 PM

2 posts, read 6,461 times
Default Evansville

I currently live in evansville and moved here from southern california. It is for the most part a great city. There is plenty of shopping, restaraunts,etc. on the eastside. Cost of living has gone up but still very affordable. I personally think Evansville is a great place to grow up and go to school...That is what I am currently doing. If you buy in the right area you should be fine. Eastside, northside, and parts of westside are nice. If you want to be close to malls and shopping I would go with the eastside. This is where I currently live (close to newburgh) its nice and quiet.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:40 AM

5 posts, read 18,561 times
i went to high school in Evansville - graduated in '87. the city had a great focus on kids. i think it would be a good place to raise a family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana