Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2018, 09:36 AM

5 posts, read 5,306 times

Advertisements

Hi there, we're looking for a smaller town (that's not too small where you'd know everyone's name.) Does anyone know much about Tell City? I also have some specific questions about Indiana in general too:
1. Where would the closest place be to find a good variety of jobs available since this town is smaller?
2. Are there a lot of bugs, snakes, etc? If so, what kind? We have spiders bad here in Nashville & I hate it.
3. Is there weather very humid, and are the summers miserably hot?
4. Do you get enough snow in southern Indiana that you'd have to shovel the driveway?
5. Is it mainly electric or natural gas?

We're also thinking about starting a business in Tell City- are there any specific kinds of businesses that would do well in this area, or something that the town doesn't currently have that would be popular?

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2018, 09:49 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,334,693 times
In more rural areas like Tell City people tend to use propane or electric to heat their homes. I don't specifically know if Tell City has natural gas.

Yes, we have bugs and snakes. Mosquitoes, ticks, spiders, June bugs and lots of bugs I can't identify. Yes, there are snakes in Southern Indiana. The most common is probably the black or gray rat snake and the common garter snake. There are only 3 types of poisonous snakes in Indiana. The copperhead is probably what would be most common in that area. Even then, the terrain has to be just right. The same applies to the rattlesnake.

Yes, summers are hot and humid. We've experienced a real heat wave this summer so it's been uncomfortable for weeks. I don't think it's quite as bad as Nashville, assuming you mean TN and not IN, but it's similar.

There will be times you have to shovel but not often. Ice is more likely.

Evansville is the closest larger city for jobs. There are several industries in Jasper also.

Old 07-04-2018, 02:19 PM

49 posts, read 50,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellyeah940 View Post
Hi there, we're looking for a smaller town (that's not too small where you'd know everyone's name.) Does anyone know much about Tell City? I also have some specific questions about Indiana in general too:
1. Where would the closest place be to find a good variety of jobs available since this town is smaller?
2. Are there a lot of bugs, snakes, etc? If so, what kind? We have spiders bad here in Nashville & I hate it.
3. Is there weather very humid, and are the summers miserably hot?
4. Do you get enough snow in southern Indiana that you'd have to shovel the driveway?
5. Is it mainly electric or natural gas?

We're also thinking about starting a business in Tell City- are there any specific kinds of businesses that would do well in this area, or something that the town doesn't currently have that would be popular?

Thanks so much!
Weather wise Southern Indiana has milder winters and slightly hotter and more humid summers than Northern Indiana. However compared to Nashville, TN and other places further south the humidity and heat is less in Southern Indiana.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana