Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2021, 06:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,097 times

Advertisements

So I have been planning on moving out of my ultra high taxed province of Connecticut for better employment opportunities. I would love to remain in New England (especially New Hampshire another state I was considering) but due to more increased taxes, control on people and illiterate dunce lawmakers and residents in all the six states, I've decided to take a fresh start on life and move someplace where people and local government is like minded and well respected. I don't trust the government in my state or in any of the bordering states - if you look at all the states that make up New England, they are the highest in the land for all taxes. It's as if the region doesn't even want you to live there at all. If you're wealthy or in the 1% you can remain. But if you're poor or (in rare cases since it's becoming extinct) middle class like me, a fat middle finger has risen to them. People here suck too and drive like tards daily especially near me. You can't even drive down a block without some dickwaffle flying down or parking on the side of the street. Nevermind the state capitol Hartford which is by far the ABSOLUTE WORST capital of any state in the union.

Sorry about the small rant there, I just had to get that off my chest.

So the reason I chose Indiana was because it's state capital has become a hotspot for technology jobs. Many of the IT tech and manufacturing companies are fleeing Chicago in masses and many of them are coming and setting up shop in Indy. Valuable companies that once called Chicago home have now moved to the area for the last 6 years. HP and Samsung have shifted their operations to Texas, Arizona and parts of the midwest and if I'm not mistakened, Samsung just opened up a chip manufacturing facility in Indy which will add 800 jobs in the capital.
So want to live in the suburbs and came across decent sized communities. One that kept coming up and caught my mind was Bargersville. After doing research on it, I found that the town is an up and coming community which has gained population in the last 2 censuses. From 2,120 in 2000, jumping to 4,013 in 2010 to nearly 10,000 in 2020. Overall the town looks very attractive for newcomers and people who want to start or move their businesses or for employment with relatively low taxes. It looks like an excellent place to call home with newer homes being built every couple years. Some of the homes in Bargersville are expensive but are affordable at the same time. And to top it off, it's only 15 miles to Indy, the same exact mileage it would take me to commute to college to Hartford from Southington daily.
Please let me know if Bargersville is worth setting foot in and settling down and beginning a fresh start.
I don't want to live someplace where people are unhappy and depressed. I'm also finishing up my degree for IT and computer info services so this should give me enough time to decide.
I am damn tired of seeing the same **** scenery in my hometown I've seen a trillion times in life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2021, 09:52 PM

3,070 posts, read 2,406,752 times
A lot of offices are on the north side of Indianapolis. A commute from Bargersville to downtown Indy would be OK (I assume--I don't get to the south side much), but unrealistic to the north side or Carmel.

Old 10-11-2021, 06:47 AM

140 posts, read 256,482 times
As a former resident of both Indianapolis and Bargersville--although granted, this was also seven years ago--I can chime in. First, it always trips me out (mini-rant) how so many people say they want to move to x-city--and then immediately shoot right for the suburbs. I get it in some cities, like Nashville where a patch of grass is going for $400K these days since there's practically no room left (I used to live there too), but Indy itself is so spread out and not hemmed in by topography that one is likely to find whatever they're looking for in suburbia inside 465, or just outside it, unless one is dead set on being a suburbanite, which is fine. But don't discount the inside of 465 either. I've been back to Indy more recently and I'm impressed by how much it's developed and basically resuscitated its economy from about 2014 or so. It's also become noticeably more diverse, and I, as a resident of the small part of the city that lie just south of the southern side of 465, always thought that the city felt much like a giant suburb of itself.

Now, as for Bargersville...I'm pretty sure these days the bleed-over from Greenwood is much more apparent than it was when I lived there (and at that time Bargersville was much more cornfield and much less developed). But it was definitely a nice little town with very nice people. Being barely two miles from Greenwood if that, I did most of my shopping there, being that much of it is right on 135 (& the Greenwood Mall is also close by). Going straight up 135 I believe it's 7 or 8 miles to get to 465. That said, just because it's a straight shot doesn't mean you won't be sitting in traffic, because 135 through Greenwood is mighty busy--it was then, and the last time I went through, it seemed even busier. Oh and, sidebar: don't get in a.hurry to go anywhere in Central Indiana, as compared to Mass, because even though the speed limits are set at 35 or 45, don't expect many to do more than probably about six or seven under that. Fair warning!

Now, what'll make the difference is where in town your job will be located. If you have to deal with the northeast corner (465 @ 69) or south stretch of 465 (from Emerson to probably 31/East St) at all during your commute during rush hour, expect to be sitting in backup; beyond that, traffic typically moves pretty smoothly. If you can deal with all that, then Bargersville living will be no problem at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana