Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2021, 04:59 PM

3,422 posts, read 1,838,575 times

Advertisements

Anyone work there? Know anyone that does? Are there cheap rooms in the area? What is the closest major city?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2021, 05:48 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,466,576 times
It's about 20 miles north of Evansville. I knew many Toyota workers at the Central Kentucky factory and most of them loved working there.

Old 10-15-2021, 12:26 PM

66 posts, read 138,719 times
My sister has worked there for about 5 years and she likes it. She likes to talk about working for Toyota and tells me a lot of interesting stuff. They have a tremendous problem finding reliable people. They do not tolerate laziness, poor quality work and absenteeism. On a typical Friday she said about 100 people in her department will fail to show up at the beginning of her shift (second) and will lose another 10-25 at lunch. I don't know how many people are in her department. There is a constant flow of new hires and people being fired because they are not reliable and/or lazy. There is a core group of long-term, reliable people in her department and they are treated very well. They have just recently, in the past few weeks, hired a bunch of Haitians who are completely clueless, lazy, have bad attidudes and usually don't last a week.

On the positive side, it pays very well and has excellent benefits, vacation and personal days. I think she is making around $27 hr. straight time and she frequently works a lot of overtime. I think she grossed $100,000 last year. My sister is older and has gone through some rough times so she appreciates the opportunity Toyota is giving her. She is a hard worker, never misses a day and has a strong work ethic so she has established a good reputation at work and they are always doing things for her to show their appreciation. For example, a couple of weeks ago on a Friday, her supervisor gave her 5 $20.00 visa gift cards...just for showing up on a Friday! They give her stuff all the time like turkeys, hams, gift cards, toyota clothing etc. They are also receptive to any issues she has regarding work and have let her transfer to different jobs because of her reputation as a good employee. Once an employee establishes themselves as trustworthy and reliable, many opportunities become available to them.

Cheap rooms in the area? That shouldn't be a problem, Princeton, IN is just a few miles away and Evansville is close. Southwestern IN., is one of the lowest cost areas in the country.

If I wasn't retired, that is where I would be working. Hope this helps.

Old 10-15-2021, 12:52 PM

3,422 posts, read 1,838,575 times
I am going to have to DM you both.

Next question is about rooms in the area.. "Evansville?"

I'm at work now, but . For the birds...

Talk to you both soon..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana