Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2022, 11:50 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,277,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
One other thing that should be noted. Insurance companies analyze data when they create any type of insurance policy and coverage. If the CEO of a major insurance company is making that statement, he has the data to back it up.
Reminder that this is what he said: The CEO stated “Whether it’s long COVID or whether it’s because people haven’t been able to get the health care they need because the hospitals are overrun, we’re seeing those claims start to tick up as well,”

Any leap from that to "vaccines are killing people" is your own cognitive dissonance at work, not the CEO's statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2022, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
That's great, but again, it's your personal experience. One of my wife's good friends ........
I have whiplash from that quick pivot from "That's great, but again, it's your personal experience" to "here's a story about a wife's good friend's personal experience."

Quote:
hThere are healthy people being impacted by these vaccines (take cases of myocarditis in young healthy people for example).
I mean, it is not like the medical community isn't researching it.

Quote:
Health professionals rarely will EVER attribute the vaccines to being a factor here (for multiple reasons) but the you're seeing more and more strange cases arise in young people (professional athletes are prime examples) who have been vaccinated and boosted.
Ok, and those reasons are what exactly? Real reasons, not talking points from conspiracy theorists. Which professional athletes are your prime examples? Do you have 10 examples? That should be easy if this as widespread as you suggest.

Old 01-10-2022, 12:18 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,004,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
I have whiplash from that quick pivot from "That's great, but again, it's your personal experience" to "here's a story about a wife's good friend's personal experience."

I mean, it is not like the medical community isn't researching it.

Ok, and those reasons are what exactly? Real reasons, not talking points from conspiracy theorists. Which professional athletes are your prime examples? Do you have 10 examples? That should be easy if this as widespread as you suggest.

Right, I was saying your experience is your experience, mine is mine. I know multiple people that have been impacted by these vaccines (negatively). That has shaped my outlook, your experience has probably shaped yours. If you knew someone who died in their sleep the night after taking it you might be a tad bit skeptical (yes, I know someone who's family member did and their entire family is very skeptical now).

Your point about conspiracy theories proves my point. If you are or were a doctor with serious concerns, at this point you'd be made to look like a conspiracy theorist. What doctor wants to compromise his careers livelihood? Not many. And those who have have been laughed at and discredited.

Old 01-10-2022, 12:22 PM

Quote:
If you knew someone who died in their sleep the night after taking it you might be a tad bit skeptical (yes, I know someone who's family member did and their entire family is very skeptical now).
It would depend why they died. Correlation does not equal causation. I mean, I know a guy that died driving a car, but I still drive a car.

Quote:
Your point about conspiracy theories proves my point. If you are or were a doctor with serious concerns, at this point you'd be made to look like a conspiracy theorist. What doctor wants to compromise his careers livelihood? Not many. And those who have have been laughed at and discredited.
Ok, so that means you don't actually have any real reasons then?

Old 01-10-2022, 12:32 PM

Quote:
It would depend why they died.

Ok, so that means you don't actually have any real reasons then?
How is that not a reason lol? You, as a doctor, nurse, whatever, can lose your job just because you didn't get a shot. For any doctor to say "hey, I think this vaccine was indeed a contributing factor to your condition and is likely contributing to conditions others are having" is very likely career suicide, if not at a minimum being scrutinized by your superiors. There are a lot of implications for a doctors to attribute this vaccine to an underlying condition. You don't seem to think it's very risky.

Old 01-10-2022, 12:48 PM

Quote:
How is that not a reason lol? You, as a doctor, nurse, whatever, can lose your job just because you didn't get a shot. For any doctor to say "hey, I think this vaccine was indeed a contributing factor to your condition and is likely contributing to conditions others are having" is very likely career suicide, if not at a minimum being scrutinized by your superiors.
I've already linked an article verifying that the medical community is researching the first concern you brought up. Sure doesn't seem like career suicide if they're researching it. You said there were multiple reasons, but came back with "well no one believes them" and "you can lose your job if you don't get the shot" which doesn't even have anything to do with what we were talking about.

So what are the "multiple reasons" you wanted to mention? I'm also still waiting for those examples of professional athletes.

Old 01-10-2022, 01:07 PM

Quote:
One other thing that should be noted. Insurance companies analyze data when they create any type of insurance policy and coverage. If the CEO of a major insurance company is making that statement, he has the data to back it up.

Here's just a couple of articles I found...
https://thecovidworld.com/fabienne-s...end-of-career/

https://patriotpost.us/articles/8526...ems-2022-01-04

Not a professional athlete, but young, student athlete...
https://www.westernjournal.com/watch...-vax-mandates/

Are these proof that these vaccines causes such issues? No, obviously not, but if you're diligent you can find other stories out there. My wife has found dozens of articles (or personal stories) but I don't have time to sort through everything she's found over the past year. If you're only following or trust the mainstream news, CDC, etc it's extremely unlikely you'll ever hear of this stuff.

It's become very clear to me that there's a large rift between people these days. Those who are very trusting of these vaccines and those who are very mistrusting of the vaccines. I've simply seen and heard too much at this point to call them safe.

Old 01-10-2022, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I've already linked an article verifying that the medical community is researching the first concern you brought up.
To your point here, that's good news. But I guess I'd find it really strange to have them (the medical community) say "yes, these vaccines do cause heart issues in younger people" and then have to walk back so much of the narrative that's been conveyed in the past. Especially because nationally and internationally countries have either mandated or heavily pushed getting vaccinated. It would be an epic national/international fail and cause even more distrust in the government systems. I just don't see it happening regardless of the outcomes of on-going medical studies.

Old 01-10-2022, 05:21 PM

3,067 posts, read 2,394,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
This is the most closely monitored vaccine rollout in human history. There were literally *9* cases of proven blood clot deaths in a certain demographic, which caused the pause in the J&J vaccine. Enough with the "my friend's brother-in-law's cousin's testicles swelled up" disinformation. This is why we don't make policy on anecdotes
Based on what? The control group was unblinded at six months, the trials on children were brief and small, boosters weren't even part of the clinical trials, some of the severe adverse events weren't recorded in the studies according to the people who experienced them (look up Maddie De Garay and Brianne Dressen), doubters of the glorious goo are being kicked off of YouTube, FaceBook and Twitter, and somehow VAERS data don't matter despite 81,000 reports of death, life-threatening illness and permanent disability to date--more than all other vaccines combined over more than 30 years. All of this information is from primary sources I looked up for myself.

Furthermore, we've had one surprise after another with these vaccines: they aren't sterilizing, they do little to nothing to prevent spread, they falter after a few months, they cause myocarditis (Moderna has been banned for under-30s in several European countries for this reason), they may cause irregular periods--what's the next surprise?

Any medication should be considered dangerous until proven safe. If you think otherwise, how would you know when normal danger signals--control groups, adverse events reporting, and media--are being unblinded, ignored or actively suppressed?

I saw the article about the deaths in Indiana; CDC data shows it's the same for the US as a whole. Deaths are also up significantly in European countries. I don't know whether the vaccines are causing them, but it's hardly a leap of logic to think there might be a connection.

Old 01-10-2022, 05:38 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,334,693 times
Quote:
My real estate agent in Hartford City told me his wife who is a nurse, took the shot and she developed blood clots from the shot.
I always laugh at these, "my ONE friend of a friend of a friend of a friend without a medical degree told me" posts presented as evidence of anything.

I swear I saw Santa flying through the sky when I was three. He's real. Tell your friends you know someone that saw him.

Last edited by rrah; 01-10-2022 at 05:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
View detailed profiles of: